Ministerial office roles in the 54th Parliament at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Calling for Expressions of Interest - Work for a Minister in the 54th Parliament
Ministerial Resourcing is the team within the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) responsible for ensuring Ministers' offices are suitably resourced with a range of highly skilled staff, who, in turn, provide a high level of support to the Minister, and ensure the smooth day to day running of their office. As a Ministerial office staff member, you will be employed by DIA, and our team of Portfolio Managers will support you through your employment on the Parliamentary precinct.
We are now seeking expressions of interest for a variety of roles in ministerial offices which may be available following the formation of Government after the 2023 General Election. We are looking for experienced candidates in the following areas:
- Staff and office management, leading high performing teams
- Political advisory/policy
- Media & communications
- Administrative support
Across these roles, you will work to ensure the Minister is well supported in their portfolio(s) and parliamentary responsibilities. This is rewarding work, working in a fast-paced environment where at times, you will face unique challenges. No two days will be the same as a Ministerial office staff member.
As well as having a good level of technical ability, we find the most successful people here also bring:
- Good knowledge about the machinery of Government
- Excellent relationship management, influencing and communication skills
- The ability to change tack easily to meet changing priorities - you will enjoy working in fast moving, pressured environment from time to time
- A high level of self-awareness
- The ability to work well as part of a tight-knit team
In return, you will have access to ongoing support and development opportunities, working with your Portfolio Manager/leader to identify these, as well as a range of staff benefits including:
- Paid departmental days
- Subsided childcare during school holidays
- Annual Wellness benefit
Please note: the nature and number of these positions will not be known until after the results of the General Election are clear.
Salaries will be appointed based on the level of skills and experience of the successful candidates.
- Leadership roles, ranges start from $107,000 pa
- Political advisory roles, ranges start from $81,000 pa
- Media and Communications roles, ranges start from $82,000 pa
- Business Support roles, ranges start from $61,000 pa
Applicants must be permanent residents or NZ Citizens and are required to obtain and maintain a national security clearance (at a minimum level of 'Confidential' though some roles will require a higher level).
Please assess your eligibility status using the Protective Security Requirements tool found here: https://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/personnel-security/clearances/eligibility-tool/
For more information please contact: E23recruitment@dia.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.