Cyber Security Specialist - PEN TEST at NZ Police, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Cyber Security Specialist (Penetration Testing), it starts with you!
- Based at RNZPC Wellington
- Permanent/Fixed Term (fulltime)
- Constabulary/ Police employee
- JR 4548366
About the role
Are you a skilled cyber security professional with a knack of uncovering vulnerabilities and fortifying systems? If you are passionate about protecting sensitive information and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment, we have an opportunity for two senior cyber security specialists who have the drive and determination to ensure that Police operates safely and successfully. These positions are within the Cyber Security Team, based at the Royal New Zealand Police College, Wellington.
You will provide expertise in the security standards, monitoring and processes used to keep Police information safe.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Penetration Tester to join our growing security focused team. As a Penetration Tester, you will play a critical role in identifying vulnerabilities, conducting risk analysis, provide remediation recommendations, conduct research and development work to uplift our internal penetration testing capabilities.
You will have led the technical response to cyber security within your existing role and would like to make the move to an organisation with the focus and resources to allow you to progress your career in cyber security.
You will be able to comfortably hold and contribute to technical discussion across a wide range of technical disciplines such as networks, servers, storage applications and developers.
- Commitment to continuous improvement – Having the experience to apply creative and diverse thinking and share innovative approaches in an ever changing cyber environment.
- Creating an adaptive operating environment – working across different systems and services with a strategic mindset, and coordinating teams and resources.
- Planning and Prioritising – strategically managing time, priorities and responsibilities within projects.
- Writing and preparing written documents to a high standard, whilst applying lateral thinking to our security approaches.
- Upholding integrity – Ensuring the highest ethical standards are applied and upheld.
- Enabling through leadership – Developing the capability of our people by ensuring the have the correct tools and technology to safely deliver Our Business.
What you’ll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
Ideally, a successful candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Relevant professional certification such as OSCP and eCPPT is required.
- Proficiency in penetration testing tools such as Nmap, FFUF, BurpSuite, Impacket.
- Familiarity with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash) for automation and tool development.
- Good understanding of penetration testing standards and methodologies such as OWASP, OSSTMM, PTES.
- Strong understanding of security frameworks such as the NZISM, MITRE ATT&CK, NIST, CIS.
- Strong general knowledge in computer science, such as operating system, file systems, OSI network stack.
- Strong communications and report writing abilities to effectively convey technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Don’t let those desired skills above put you off, if you are interested and believe have what it takes, don’t hesitate to get in touch with your Advisor.
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Leader/Manager level, this means your key purpose is “to lead tactics for Our Business and enable people to deliver them”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
Remuneration upon appointment to the role will be (starting) $102,178 - $135,967 (midpoint)
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday 26th September 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.