Policy Advisor – Protective Security Requirements (PSR) at NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS), Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The secret to our success is our people. While we are ordinary people, we are not all the same. We welcome diversity, in all its forms, in fact we consider it a strength. Join us and work at the heart of national security to protect New Zealand and New Zealanders.
Use your policy skills to help protect New Zealand by supporting us to empower government agencies and other customers to keep their people, information and assets safe.
About the role:
You will contribute to New Zealand's security by helping to keep the Protective Security Requirements (PSR) fit for purpose in a dynamic threat environment. Along with working to develop PSR policies, guidance and products that are clear, concise, up-to-date, easy to use, and informed by the needs of our customers.
Meet the protective security needs of our customers, which include both government and non-government organisations, while contributing to other work streams across the NZ Intelligence Community, including countering foreign interference.
Be part of our collegial, supportive and joined-up PSR Unit, which comprises advisory, outreach, strategic analysis, research, policy and business coordination functions. Work closely with a range of stakeholders across the NZ Intelligence Community and beyond.
What you'll bring:
- Experience in policy development, in any subject matter area, including operational policy, or considerable experience providing business process advice with a strong interest in policy.
- Demonstrated skills of critical thinking and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that help you connect with technical and non-technical audiences.
- A strong customer service ethic and collaborative approach, with the ability to create and sustain collegial and effective working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- A creative and pragmatic approach, with a focus on maximising opportunities to improve protective security outcomes for our customers and for New Zealand.
- A positive, can-do attitude, with a willingness to support the work of colleagues across the PSR Unit as required.
For further information and how to apply, visit our website today!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS)|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.