Administrator | Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service (TPMH) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service (CAF) is committed to providing high-quality mental health support to children, adolescents, and families in our community.
CAF South (Child, Adolescent & Family Mental Health Service South Community & Outreach Team) is a specialist mental health service that provides assessment and treatment of young people up to 18 years of age (older if still at High School) who present with serious mental health problems, and their family/whanau.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and professional Administrator to join our team and play a key role in the efficient operation of our service. This is a full time permanent position based at Princess Margaret Hospital.
As the Administrator for the CAF, you will provide essential secretarial, reception, and administrative support to ensure the smooth functioning of our service. Your responsibilities will include maintaining confidentiality, coordinating team appointments and tasks, and communicating effectively with all stakeholders. You will play a vital role in contributing to the delivery of high-quality services to our clients.
As part of the Administration and Clerical Pay Equity Claim settlement this role has been mapped to National Band 4/Profile 4A
For further information about the administration and clerical pay equity settlement please follow the link below:
- Provide confidential secretarial support to the Clinical Team.
- Coordinate and organize team appointments and tasks efficiently.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with clients, team members, and external parties.
- Contribute to maintaining the quality of service delivery.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Qualifications in word processing and secretarial studies, TCB Stage I or NZ Certificate Stage I, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a receptionist/secretarial position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word 97, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Possession of a current driving license.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficiency in word processing, dictaphone, and copy typing at a minimum of 70 words per minute with a minimal error rate.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Word.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and interact effectively with clients.
- Team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- High degree of initiative and the capability to work with minimal supervision while being accountable.
- Versatility, flexibility, and adaptability to embrace change and challenges.
If you are a highly motivated and qualified individual who meets the above requirements and is excited about the opportunity to contribute to the well-being of children, adolescents, and families, we encourage you to apply.
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value - - - - - - - s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore please apply directly on our career site here.
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received, and this job vacancy could close prior to the closing date.
Please apply only if you have the legal right to work and live in New Zealand if you do not hold the legal right to live and work in New Zealand your application will be declined.
Contact Kerri McCarthy on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.