Injury Prevention Partner at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Contribute to reducing treatment related injuries in New Zealand
- Support the delivery of ACC's Strategy - Huakina Te Rā
- Codesign and develop injury prevention products and programmes
- Use your knowledge health sector to inform future initiatives
Te āheinga mahi | The opportunity
In this role, you will be commissioning patient safety improvements, using a systems approach, in priority programmes for New Zealand. The scope of the work is broad and intersects with multiple ACC business units and external agencies, so requires the ability to influence.
Reducing the incidence and severity of injuries is a strategic priority for ACC and one of the many ways we help to improve lives every day. Our vision is to create a unique partnership with New Zealanders, improving quality and length of life of people by minimising the incidence and impact of injury. ACC is shifting the ways we work to deliver meaningful support and guidance in the prevention, care and recovery from injury. ACC's Injury Prevention Programmes are inter-agency efforts that are making great progress in reducing New Zealand's injury rate.
We are an established and supportive team that enjoy working together, utilizing each other's different strengths. We celebrate team success and are united in the belief that our mahi makes a difference to peoples' lives.
He kōrero mōu ake | About you
As an Injury Prevention Partner in Treatment Safety; you will use your heath sector experience and familiarity with multiagency commissioning, programme monitoring and evaluation to achieve improvements in health system safety in New Zealand. You engage and lead stakeholders to explore, test, learn and achieve improvements, for priority outcomes.
- A collaborative approach to commissioning improvement initiatives.
- Familiarity with the complexities of improving health system safety.
- An agile strength orientated, and solutions focussed mindset.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a cross functional team.
- The ability to think strategically and at a systems level.
- Well networked with the health sector.
- Experienced using qualitative methods of inquiry that uncover meanings of people's interactions and experiences.
- An interest/experience in behaviour change, behavioural economics, public health, allied health and/or injury prevention.
- Cultural capability that informs your approach to partnership with Māori, for better and more equitable population health outcomes.
He aha taku e tunanako ai | What can you expect
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
- Supportive leaders who care about your career development and progression within a dynamic organisation.
The indicative salary range for the role is between $102k - $131k with appointment dependent on skills and experience. ACC also offers a generous 9% superannuation contribution.
For a detailed position description click Position Description.pdf.
Rā Katinga | Applications close
Applications will run through to 28th September 2023, please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Please attach your CV & cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit and what strengths you would bring to the role. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.