Business Advisor at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you want to be part of a team leading one of the largest reform programmes over the last 30 years?
- Are you a detail-oriented person who enjoys drafting contracts and procurement documents?
- Have you got experience managing relationships with leaders?
- Can you take ownership of multiple tasks at the same time in the fast-moving Programme and deliver them on time?
If you have experience as a Business Advisor or in a similar role and can answer yes to the questions above, we'd love to hear from you. We're looking for an experienced person who can provide support to the Water Service Reform Programme team with procurement and other tasks.
These positions are offered as a fixed term until June 2024 but can be considered as secondment opportunities. Flexible working options are available.
As a Business Advisor, you will:
- Draft Programme contracts and contract variations (CSO, RSO, GMC etc) together with others in the team
- Provide procurement advice to the wider team ensuring policy compliance
- Contribute to the Branch and wider Departmental accountability documents and processes (Annual Review, Estimates)
- Support responses to Official Information Act (OIA) Requests, Ministerial correspondence and Parliamentary Questions
- Assist in the delivery of projects across the Programme
- Ability to draft contracts and contract variations to agreed quality standards
- Skill in managing information (in particular creation and management of spreadsheets)
- Ability to prepare information that is fit for purpose and tailored to the audience
- Strong organisational skills to be able to work under the pressure of multiple demands
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, to support maintaining a balance amongst varying expectations and requirements
Our ideal candidates are someone with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, experienced working as part of a team, motivated, flexible and have a proactive outlook towards improving business processes within an organisation.
The Mahi - Three Waters Reform Programme
We are transforming the water sector to ultimately improve the health and wellbeing New Zealanders.
In July 2020, the Government launched the Three Waters Reform Programme - a multi-year programme to improve the safety, quality, resilience, accessibility, and performance of New Zealand's drinking water, wastewater and stormwater services, in a way that is efficient and affordable.
Currently over 70 councils own and operate most of New Zealand's water services and face issues funding infrastructure, complying with safety standards and environmental expectations, dealing with natural hazards and climate change involving water infrastructure, and supporting population growth. The Government is progressing the Three Waters Reform to shift the management of three waters services to four publicly-owned water service entities from July 2024.
To learn more about the important mahi of the Water Services Reform Programme see our website Water Services Reform | Water Services Reform
All New Zealanders need safe, reliable and affordable drinking water, wastewater and stormwater - the three waters services. We depend on these for the health and wellbeing of our communities and our environment. Local government is facing significant challenges in managing drinking water, stormwater and wastewater services.
About our Team
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of New Zealanders. We believe in a workplace culture that's supportive, collaborative and innovative. We also believe in trying hard and having fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access. If you are ready for a fast-paced, exciting and challenging role, where no two days are the same, show us you have the vision, drive, and level of skills we are looking for by applying through our website.
Applications close: 5pm Sunday 24 September
Location: Wellington location preferred; other locations considered
For more information please contact: Threewatersprogrammerecruitment@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.