Occupational Therapist/Kaiwhakaora Ngangahau - Regional Forensic Psychiatry Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora Waitemata
Occupational Therapist/Kaiwhakaora Ngangahau - Auckland Regional Forensic Psychiatry Service, Mason Clinic
- Permanent, full-time role
- 1 FTE (40 hours per week)
- Based in Point Chevalier
The Auckland Regional Forensic Psychiatry Service, based at the Mason Clinic, is the largest forensic mental health service in New Zealand. Services are provided by Te Whatu Ora Waitemata, with a catchment area from the Bombay Hills to Cape Reinga, with intellectual disability services extending to Taupō.
The Service provides comprehensive, evidence based secure mental health services to the four Northern District Health Boards including all courts in the northern region and five prisons.
We are looking to employ a dynamic, enthusiastic Registered Occupational Therapist/Kaiwhakaora Ngangahau with previous mental health experience. We are looking for individuals who can support the Mason Approach which has a number of core values including providing respectful, safe and involving services, delivering recovery and strengths focused care that is culturally appropriate, evidence and values based.
An opportunity has arisen for a NZROT Occupational Therapist/Kaiwhakaora Ngangahau to work within an integrated multidisciplinary team, providing specialist occupational therapy interventions and enhancing the wellbeing of those who use our service. This is a full time position within our in-patient units. This would be an excellent opportunity for professional development and to experience a unique working environment.
You will need to be flexible and possess strong clinical, interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Occupational therapy diploma/degree
- NZ registered Occupational Therapist
- Full driver’s license
- Interested in the fields of mental health and vocational rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of the principles of mental health consumerism and client advocacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to get on well with a team, this includes the occupational therapy team and the multi-disciplinary team
- Professional attitude
- Ability to organise and run occupationally focused groups
- Ability to develop individual occupational rehabilitation plans
- 12 months experience working in the mental health sector
- Experience of developing services within mental health consumer groups
For a copy of the Position Description please click here
For more information about the position, please contact Jason McCartney, Charge Nurse Manager at 09 838 1876 or email to Jason.McCartney@waitematadhb.govt.nz and for more information about our recruitment process, please contact Katherine Shinhama, Recruitment Consultant at 09 442 7248.
To be considered for this position please apply online at www.wdhbcareers.co.nz quoting reference number WDHB17195 or click the “apply now” button on this page.
Job Number: WDHB17195
Closing Date: 28 September 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.