Clinical Records Officer at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our Clinical Records team, based at Christchurch Public Hospital, are currently looking for a Clinical Records Officer. The role requires that all Patient Information involving data integrity including both electronic and paper based meets the requirements of the Ministry of Health and The Privacy Act 2020.
This is a full-time permanent role, working 40 hours per week.
- Identify any missing data and to follow up and obtain the data
- Identify potential duplicates and carry out investigations to confirm or reject.
- Ensure the Clinical Record either electronic or paper is complete and accurate and a true record of the event
To succeed in this role, you will need to have good attention to detail and the ability to sort information numerically. You will also need to be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time. You will have a customer focused approach to your work, have excellent communication skills, and be able to organise and prioritise your workload in this deadline driven environment.
Knowledge of the health sector, medical terminology and experience working with clinical records or patient information would be highly advantageous however full training will be provided.
As part of the Administration and Clerical Pay Equity Claim settlement this role has been mapped to National Band 3/Profile 3C
For further information about the administration and clerical pay equity settlement please follow the link below:
- Clinical Records experience
- PMS skills at an expert user level
- MS Excel skills at intermediate level
- A proven passion for the data quality discipline
- A focus on customer service and quality patient outcomes
- A high level of problem-solving skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to meet established deadlines
- Good influencing skills
- High level of analytical skills
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value - - - - - - - s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore please apply directly on our career site here.
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received, and this job vacancy could close prior to the closing date.
Please apply only if you have the legal right to work and live in New Zealand if you do not hold the legal right to live and work in New Zealand your application will be declined.
Contact Kerri McCarthy on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.