Specialist Cover Assessor at Accident Compensation Corporation, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 0.8 (32 hours) and Full-Time opportunities available
- Want to make use of your clinical knowledge in this fast-paced environment, making decisions and communicating with clients?
- Desk/office-based role - use your admin skills Monday to Friday (regular hours)
- Newmarket, Hamilton, Wellington and Dunedin
The Specialist Cover Assessor role plays a key role in assessing clinical information and making decisions on ACC claims where treatment may have caused the injury.
Ko wai koe | About you
You are a registered health professional who has more than five years post-graduate clinical experience, and you may well be at the stage in your career where you are looking to step back from face-to-face clinical work, and use your extensive knowledge in another way.
If you are resilient, with a talent for problem solving and assessing clinical information, making decisions, and communicating with clients, then this could be the role for you!
Mō tenei tūrana mahi | About this role
With a broad base of clinical knowledge, your ability to interpret medical records and clinical data into meaningful information, whilst considering ACC's legislation, will be vital to this role. You will not be left to your own devices but will be fully supported by a team of like-minded clinical professionals as well as having access to legal and medical advisors.
Your sound technological abilities, strong administration skills, and a talent for managing a workload will hold you in good stead.
He aha taku e tunanako ai | What can I expect?
- Clinical professional development
- Career development
- 6 weeks induction training
- Regular career and development conversations with your leader
- On-the-job skill development and coaching
- Flexible working options (from six weeks)
- Work from home up to 3 days per week (we will provide you with the tech!)
- An organisation that is committed to the wellbeing of our people.
- Opportunities to pursue your passions within the organisation - this is a great entry into ACC and the wealth of opportunities it can hold.
The Indicative salary $85,037 - $100,043 + 9% employer superannuation contribution is dependent upon skills and experience. (Pro-rata for part time)
For further information about the role click HERE
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- You will need to be a strong team player, work well in a busy environment, have resilience, good organisational skills, professional judgement, be computer literate and have:
- A recognised clinical qualification in a relevant clinical field, we are particularly interested in Nursing, Physiotherapy and Midwifery.
- A minimum of five years' post-graduate clinical experience as a practitioner dealing with the public
- A current Annual Practising Certificate
- Be Technology savvy
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Our purpose at ACC is to improve lives every day. It is to put our customers first, showing them manaakitanga and supporting their wellbeing. It's to enable everyone in Aotearoa the freedom to live their lives knowing that if they need us, we'll be there.
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
Join us - an organisation that grew out of bold thinking and has an enduring commitment to care for others at work, home, and play.
Applications will be accepted until 11.59pm on Sunday 1 October and will only be accepted when submitted through our Career Website.
Should you have any difficulty applying please contact email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.