Rotational Physiotherapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Rotational Physiotherapist 1.0 FTE (40 hours / week)
Medicine & Health of Older People and Surgical & Ambulatory Services
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Waitematā
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic rotational physiotherapist to join our highly skilled and dedicated team within our physiotherapy department at Waitematā New Zealand. This is a full time role working across our inpatient and outpatient teams at North Shore and Waitakere Hospital as well as the Wilson Centre.
Waitematā provides a great opportunity to start your physiotherapy career in a fast paced, fun and supportive learning environment. If you love the outdoors, close access to beaches, cafés, parks and transport links, then we are an ideal working location.
Waitematā is leading the way in the Northern Region for clinical digital innovation with electronic patient notes, e-prescribing and e-vitals and strong links with our community and outpatient services.
Key requirements of this role:
- Successful candidates will be able to work effectively and pro-actively to provide client centred care and assessment within the rotational programme.
- NZ registration with current APC
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
Within this role you will receive:
- Opportunity to develop core physiotherapy skills through a rotational programme
- Excellent support from clinical coaches, and senior clinicians in all areas of practice
- Support for development and growth clinically and professional through personal objectives.
- A hardworking, supportive yet fun environment with a great team of experienced clinicians
- In-house career development with regular in-services, training and education opportunities
- Networking with allied health clinical leaders, senior, staff grade and rotational clinicians across the organisation.
- Regular monthly supervision
- Credentialing for weekend work: required to work 3 weekend days/3 month roster
This programme gives you the opportunity to participate in a wide range of clinical settings to further develop your under graduate skills and competencies in physiotherapy assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and discharge planning.
This is a full time position (80hrs per fortnight) with a salary range of Step 1: $58,513 – Step 8 $85,204
We offer a two tier rotational scheme within Waitematā at three sites across the DHB.
Core 1 rotational positions are 4 months long and offer experience in:
- Acute medical
- Acute surgical
- Acute trauma and elective orthopaedic
- Elective Surgery Centre
- Older Adult Assessment Treatment & Rehabilitation (AT&R)
Core 2 rotational positions are 8 months long and in addition to the above also offer experience in:
- Acute stroke unit
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Paediatric rehabilitation at the Wilson Centre (the national paediatric rehabilitation provider).
For position description, please click here
Waitematā strives to provide “best care for everyone”. This means believing in and working according to our organisations values of “everyone matters”, “with compassion”, “connected” and “better, best, and brilliant”. Apply now and join Waitematā to make a positive difference
For further information please contact Kate Donovan, Physiotherapy Clinical Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Steen Bastkjaer, Professional and Clinical Lead Physiotherapy at email@example.com
Please note, this role is available only to current Te Whatu Ora staff - we cannot accept applications from outside of our organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.