Falls Prevention Coordinator at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora Taranaki
Taranaki Whanui He Rohe Oranga - Taranaki Together, A Healthy Community
Falls Prevention Coordinator
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
0.6FTE (48 hours per fortnight)
Fixed Term until 30 Dec 2024
Te Kaupapa – Mission
Improving, promoting, protecting and caring for the health and wellbeing of the people of Taranaki.
We are looking for people that share our vision by providing the best care for our people and our community. We have a responsibility to see the whole picture, the whole community, in terms of health and to support everyone working in Taranaki to do the best job they can in a world of constant change.
- Do you want to work for an employer known for their focus on employee wellness?
- Would like to work with a passionate and innovative team?
- Come join us on the slopes of Taranaki Maunga.
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the role:
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is looking for someone who is passionate about quality health care with excellent communication and coordination skills to coordinate and lead our In-Home Falls Prevention Service on a fixed term contract.
The Falls Prevention Coordinator has responsibility for continuing to lead, coordinate and implement the In-home Falls Prevention Coordination Service. The role combines Clinical and Operational skills and is responsible for ensuring a quality service and includes supporting the wider Community Rehabilitation Services provided in Taranaki.
The Co-ordinator is responsible for the efficient and effective operational coordination of the service to enhance best patient care outcomes and ensure quality standards are maintained. There is a strong emphasis on building positive collaborative relationships with primary care, iwi health organisations, secondary clinicians, service users and their whanau. The core objective of this service is to support and empower people to stay well for longer in their homes, through falls prevention education and advice.
The In-home Falls Prevention Service will work closely with the
- Fracture Liaison Service
- Allied Response Team (ART)
- ICATT (community rehabilitation)
- Aged Residential Care
- Pinnacle Midlands Health Network of primary care practices
- Te Kawau Maro Alliance partners (Tui Ora, Ngati Ruanui, Ngati Ruanui)
- Falls Prevention Alliance (Te Whatu Ora, ACC, Sport Taranaki, Pinnacle Health)
We want to hear from you if you are an experienced allied health professional (with a current Practising Certificate) and can offer
- Experience in service coordination and supervision of Therapy Assistants
- Excellent clinical skills
- Experience in and a commitment to community-based rehabilitation support for ageing and older people
- Interest in and understanding of falls prevention
- Commitment to collaboration and partnership
- Excellent communication skills
- A proactive and progressive mind-set
- Commitment to equity and providing support that is patient centred and empowering
Please click here to view the position description.
Please apply online from this page.
For any enquiries regarding this position or for a position description please contact: Adair Brown, Interim Manager- Community Services: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile 027 2522549
Applications close Sunday 1 October 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.