Social Worker Caregiver at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Northland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Social Worker Caregiver
- Permanent Role based in Kaitaia
- Utilise your social work skills in a role that makes a positive difference to the lives of tamariki
Specialised social work role, focusing on recruiting, assessing and supporting caregivers to provide the best possible care for the tamariki and rangatahi in their care. Being a qualified and registered Social Worker is a must.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The role of a Caregiver Social Worker is varied and rewarding and has a permanent role available in Kaitaia. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the care services sector. The needs of caregivers are being brought to the forefront of practice in recognition of the important role they play in the lives of tamariki who cannot live safely at home. You will ensure our caregivers understand their part in a child's journey through care, are prepared with the skills and information they need to care and are supported to provide nurturing, safe and stable homes for tamariki. Your work will include supporting whānau and non-whānau caregivers, emergency and respite caregivers, and long-term caregivers.
Collaborating with the child's Social Worker will be a key component of the role as you work together to provide great outcomes for tamariki who need caring for. You will also be working with other agencies and providers to ensure the needs of our caregivers are met.
Our team works from a strengths-based perspective and we are fully committed to achieving positive change for the tamariki, whanau and caregivers. You will receive a full induction into the role, regular training and supervision, and the support of a strong peer and leadership group.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board (SWRB)
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board and an annual practicing certificate
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Passion and vision for caregivers and what they need to succeed
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand's driver's licence
- Our Ideal candidate would be available for flexible work hours Wednesday to Friday
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $78k and $94k dependant on experience, with tenure-based progression steps above this range.
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way.
This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi. To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter, please include in your application your work availability. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 3rd October 2023
If you are interested in any of our vacancies, please ensure that you make yourself familiar with our code of conduct as it sets out our expectations for our kaimahi and requires you to present at work free from the influences of both drugs and alcohol.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Caregiver Social Worker position description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.