Clinical Administrator | Othorpaedics Burwood at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Orthopaedics is a busy service that provides both acute and planned elective orthopaedic surgery to the population of Canterbury and the wider region, based at Burwood Hospital.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Clinical Administrator to join our team. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that patient booking practices adhere to Te Whatu Ora Health NZ Waitaha Canterbury standards and Ministry of Health targets.
As a Clinical Administrator, you will play a pivotal role in managing the booking processes for outpatient clinic appointments and elective outpatient/inpatient admissions. You will work closely with the Team Leader, Service Manager, and Clinical Director/Triaging Clinician to ensure patients receive timely treatment within established guidelines.
As part of the Administration and Clerical Pay Equity Claim settlement this role has been mapped to National Band 5 /Profile 5B
For further information about the administration and clerical pay equity settlement please follow the link below:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service to patients, clinicians, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Standardize processes using the SI PICS system and Waitaha Canterbury Elective Services Guidelines.
- Prioritize patient bookings based on need and planned care requirements.
- Manage surgical list utilization as agreed with surgeons and service managers.
- Follow standardized cancellation procedures.
- and efficiency.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Excellent customer service skills with a people-focused approach.
- Technical proficiency, including experience with data systems and the ability to quickly learn new applications/systems.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Effective coordination and multitasking abilities.
- Team player with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Exceptional keyboard skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated perceptiveness and proactive approach in an administrative role.
- Broad administrative experience in a health-related field.
- Awareness of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Familiarity with the public hospital system, including patient management systems.
If you are passionate about providing high-quality patient care and meet the qualifications outlined above, please apply now with your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value - - - - - - - s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore please apply directly on our career site here.
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received, and this job vacancy could close prior to the closing date.
Please apply only if you have the legal right to work and live in New Zealand if you do not hold the legal right to live and work in New Zealand your application will be declined.
Contact Kerri McCarthy on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.