Medical Laboratory Technician | Point of Care at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time position based at Canterbury Health Laboratories
- Provide medical diagnostic testing and equipment training on the frontlines of patient care!
- NZ Registration as a Medical Laboratory Technician with the Medical Sciences Council (or eligibility to obtain) is essential
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Canterbury Health Laboratories are committed to ensuring high-quality, timely laboratory testing to our community. Our Point of Care Testing team (PoCT) provide diagnostic testing as well as ongoing training and support to both primary and secondary healthcare providers. Our team are actively involved at the interface of many services within our health system, bringing the laboratory expertise out into the clinical environments of Tertiary Hospital Services, Pharmacies, Private Hospitals and General Practices.
Our team currently have a permanent full-time opportunity for an experienced registered Medical Laboratory Technician to join us! This role will see you working 40 hours per week (1 FTE) Mon-Fri, 8am - 4:30pm, working both at Canterbury Health Laboratories and out in the community.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Support and maintain timely diagnostic testing;
- Providing training and competency assessment to clinical staff and users of PoCT equipment;
- Maintaining quality assurance programs on PoCT devices;
- Involvement in the development and implementation of PoCT strategies that are beneficial to both the patient and the health system.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Demonstrated laboratory experience is highly desirable, as is experience in biochemistry and haematology;
- High levels of motivation, innovation and an adaptable nature;
- Strong analytical skills will also be sought after;
- Ability to rise to a challenge, an easy communication style and a great team player;
- As some travel is required, a full NZ drivers license is essential;
- NZ Registration as a Medical Laboratory Technician or eligibility to obtain is essential.
Mō mātou | About Us
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region.
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value - - - - - - - s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora Health NZ - Waitaha Canterbury
When you work at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here. Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, there could be a place for you! Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha.
Applications will be processed as they are received, so please apply as soon as you can.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.