Team Lead Housing Support - Auckland - Manakau at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you an experienced Team Lead, ready for a community support based role?
- If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a definite difference - read on!
- Full-time permanent role in our Manakau office at $127,648 salary + 5 weeks' annual leave + free insurances
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
Based in our Manakau office you will lead and inspire a team of Housing Support and Senior Housing Support Managers.
You will be expected to coach, support and mentor a team who works with customers and whānau, to identify and respond to their housing and wellbeing needs. You will support your teams while they work with our customers, other agencies and communities around South Auckland.
Ngā haepapa - You'll be responsible for:
- Effectively manage team culture and dynamics to develop and mature a collaborative, high performing team with collective drive to deliver excellent service for Kāinga Ora customers and whānau
- Provide leadership, support, coaching and guidance - create a safe and healthy work environment where customer outcomes, operational targets and positive people experiences are achieved.
- Manage and monitor the health and safety of a largely mobile team, providing support and guidance as required to their people.
- Produce Operational reporting that shows the work types, volumes and services being managed by the team and how the team is performing.
- Work collaboratively with the Advisor Placement to assign whanau to the best-fit Housing Support Manager or Senior Housing Support Manager.
- Be proactive, raising any concerns with your leader as soon as practical, in relation to personal wellbeing.
- Contribute to enhancements of the role and to quality outcomes for each whānau.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring:
- Proven experience leading, motivating and coaching a high performing service delivery team within a specific location, including managing staff development and performance.
- Experience working in a multi-faceted and demanding customer service environment, with knowledge of issues, priorities and concerns facing key customer groups who look after a portfolio of customers with varying needs.
- Demonstrated ability to leading planning to ensure team members have the right support and time to deliver on their priorities, including understanding portfolio numbers, work load and specialised community needs.
- Cultural awareness to align approach to our customers' aspirations and preferences, particularly in working with Maori and Pasifika. Experience working with different cultures and/or community groups.
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build Aotearoa future.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Our past has laid the groundwork. But as a team, we are focussed on the future we are working to create for the good of future generations of New Zealanders.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Plus Kiwi saver on top of salary
- Insurance benefits, including medical, income protection and trauma/life.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career development and study opportunities
These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process.
If you have any questions, please contact Lynda Francis by emailing email@example.com
Applications close on Wednesday 4 October 2023.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.