Systems Analyst at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Operations
Branch: Kāwai ki te Iwi / Service Delivery and Operations
Salary: $63,186 - $84,675
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs will give you an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Service Delivery & Operations (SDO) is the face of the department. Whether we're helping to register births, deaths, and marriages or assisting in passport applications, community grants, or civil union and name change registrations, we're dedicated to meeting the needs of New Zealanders. '
As a Systems Analyst, you will be involved in the management of multiple IT business systems, managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, and being a representative for Operations on key branch and Departmental initiatives where system expertise is required. Working in a service delivery environment would be highly desirable.
We need someone who can prioritise work, self-manages, takes initiative, and thinks beyond immediate issues. Key is the ability to learn about a variety of products and services, manage a varied workload and work with a diverse range of people from frontline operational staff to General Managers, tailoring communication styles to suit a wide range of audiences.
You'll have experience:
- Managing business systems
- Managing vendor relationships
- Translating business policies and process into technical system requirements
Your skills will include:
- Strategic capability: the ability and desire to think beyond immediate issues, to consider the long-term and broader implications, and clearly identifies what needs to be done
- Collaboration: the ability to work across many stakeholders on the development of operational policy and specialist advice to achieve high quality and fit for purpose solutions
- Project management: the ability to plan, manage and follow through, to ensure the best flow and completion of activities that deliver the project results, on time, to specification and within budget
- Systems thinking: the ability to predict and influence the behaviour of any system through understanding the underlying structure
And you'll understand:
- Working knowledge best practice business applications management
- Knowledge of the Privacy Act 1993, including the rules for information matching and the use of public registers
- information security practices and technologies
- IT operating environment and technical language
Additionally, you must be a New Zealand Citizen and be able to attain and maintain a satisfactory security clearance.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday, 16 October 2023.
For more information please contact: Angela Miller-Priebee, Angela.Miller-Priebee@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job descri'ption, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.