Security Operations Analyst at Institute of Environmental Science & Research Limited, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te tūnga | The role
We have a permanent full-time opportunity for a Security Operations Analyst to join our IT Cyber Security Team. You will be responsible for implementing technical security strategies and controls, evaluating the security of our products, and providing a superior level of technical support, controls, and training to ESR.
In this role you will be involved in:
- Working with internal team members and third-party service providers to monitor, detect and respond to events impacting the security of ESR and its customers.
- Providing implementation support, coaching, and mentoring to ESR staff from a cyber security perspective.
- Acting as a lead in some cyber security capabilities.
- Participating in updating and the development, implementation and reporting of ESR's Cyber Security plan.
- Assisting with the completion of security audits and reviews.
- Supporting the CISO in providing security recommendations to business owners.
Kia angitu koe | About you
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have a mix of the following:
- A relevant qualification in Information Systems or Computer Science or demonstrable experience in an operational security role, with knowledge of attack and defence techniques.
- Experience with KQL or a common programming language (Python, etc) would be helpful.
- Professional experience using Azure or other cloud services.
- A team player mind-set and a passion for cyber security.
- The ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of people and demonstrate a customer-centric approach.
Ngā painga | The benefits
ESR provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing our people in a values-driven, flexible and ever evolving landscape.
We offer diverse benefits including flexible working options that support everyone's lifestyle in balance with their work commitments. Our people gain value from other benefits such as job-related learning and development opportunities, access to employee health schemes, social events and wellbeing initiatives.
Tono mai | Apply Now
If you have any questions about the role or would like to request a full position description, please get in touch with Dorothy.Roy@esr.cri.nz.
We encourage applications from those with an understanding of or a willingness to develop their capability in Te Tiriti o Waitangi, tikanga Māori, and/or te reo Māori.
If you are looking for a chance to meaningfully contribute to the wellbeing of New Zealanders, please apply now. Applications close at 12:00am Wednesday 04 October 2023.
ESR is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces flexibility, diversity, and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note the successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment drug-screen and police records check as conditions of employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Institute of Environmental Science & Research Limited|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.