Intermediate Solicitor at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Intermediate Solicitor - based in Grey Lynn
- Opportunity to help make a real difference
- Supportive team environment and management
- No time recording or fee targets
- Ongoing training and development
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
We put Tamariki first
We believe Aroha is vital
We respect the Mana of people
We are Tika and Pono
We value Whakapapa
We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga| About the role
In this fast-paced, exciting role you will play a key role providing legal advice and advocacy services to Social Workers and other staff. Your work will involve significant courtroom time conducting litigation on behalf of Oranga Tamariki, with a focus on ensuring good outcomes for tamariki and their whānau.
The key work occurs outside of the courtroom - advising and collaborating. This is a role where your relationships in the community will enable you to work collectively to make a positive difference for our tamariki.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What will you bring
- You will have been admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand and have (or be eligible for) a practicing certificate with 3 plus years PQE in a relevant area of law;
- You are driven by a desire to ensure all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities
- You are committed to helping us honour our treaty commitments to Māori to improve long-term outcomes
- You thrive in a job where no day is the same but each day your mahi matters
- You are committed to continuing your own Te Ao Māori development and cultural competence
- You have a sound understanding of either family or criminal (youth justice) law or have a genuine passion and interest to work in this area
- You have excellent communication, digital and written skills;
- You are a 'straight up' person who is honest, transparent and keeps your word. You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with others
- A clean drivers license and ability to use Oranga Tamariki vehicles to travel within region
Nōu te rourou| What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
This is an opportunity for your governance talent and expertise to make a real difference for tamariki and rangatahi in Aotearoa.
Our generous benefits include: https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday 3 October 2023
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
If you are interested in any of our vacancies, please ensure that you make yourself familiar with our code of conduct as it sets out our expectations for our kaimahi and requires you to present at work free from the influences of both drugs and alcohol
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.