Addiction Clinician at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Hutt Valley
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Upper Hutt, Hutt Valley North CMHAS MHAIDS
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: PSA MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The CMHAS MHAIDS have a permanent fulltime vacancy for an Addiction Mental Health Professionals
Our service values include integrity, team work, professionalism, and a regard for others.
We have a friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team of health professionals who are passionate about assisting/supporting tangata whaiora/whanau experiencing mental health and addiction issues.
Are you passionate about participating in people - s mental health and addiction recovery journeys, not afraid of hard work, well organised and keen to be part of a very dedicated group of professionals? If so we are looking for you.
The role expectation include but not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate well to a wide variety of people
- Well-organised and enjoy working in the community environment
- Work within an integrated multi-disciplinary team of experienced clinicians
- Strive to provide high quality care to tangata whaiora/whanau
- Experience working in Mental Health and Addiction sector
- Undertake and provide high standard comprehensive psychiatric/Addiction assessments treatment planning and reviews
- Case management and coordinate care for tangata whaiora/consumers and their families
- Formulate and develop risk management plans articulating treatment needs
- Liaison with other health providers and MHAIDS teams, NGOs, PHOs social and government agencies to facilitate care and treatments for service users.
- Daily clinical documentation of all whaiora and whanau contacts activities and Data
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience working with people with Mental and Addiction health issues.
- Post Graduate certificate in Mental Health and/or Addiction
- Active involvement with professional development
- Good communications skills written and verbal ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Possess team approach commits to provide person / family centered care, using current evidence to assist people to achieve their optimum health
- Competent with Computer programmes
- Experience working with people experiencing moderate to severe Addiction and mental health issues
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals - Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua - as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB - s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region - greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
CCDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Applications close on. Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate the vacancy number __) and job title in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.