Registered Nurses/Enrolled Nurses - Te Awakura, Adult Inpatient Group at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- A rewarding opportunity supporting the acute mental health service;
- Unique career development opportunities;
- Full-time and part-time positions available.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Te Awakura (Adult Inpatient Group) is a 64-bed
adult acute inpatient unit that provides 24-hour care to consumers experiencing
acute mental illness. Our model of care primarily focuses on integrated
multidisciplinary teams who strive to provide excellent care to tāngata
in the least restrictive manner.
There are four 16-bed acute inpatient wards that
make up Te Awakura. These wards cover the North, East, South and West quadrants
of Christchurch. We are a kind and compassionate group who values partnering
with our consumers and their whānau whilst ensuring that we provide them with
Pehea | About You
There are various vacancies available for Registered Nurses/Enrolled Nurses with mental health scope. You will find yourself contributing essential
services within a rewarding field; working with tāngata whaiora with
complex mental health needs. As part of a progressive organisation that values
honesty, respect and integrity for every individual, this multi-varied role
presents you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging health
- Full time, part time and fixed term opportunities available;
- Rotating roster of 4 days on, 2 days off for full time;
- Work autonomously and as part of a cohesive multi-disciplinary team.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and mental health scope;
- Previous Mental Health scope and experience is preferred;
- Nurses with the right skills and attitude who do not have mental health experience but have mental health scope, would be considered on a case by case basis;
- Excellent communication and time management skills;
- Confident and resilient;
- Strong focus on relationship-building;
- Knowledge of and a commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha Canterbury. We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Shannon Le Roux - Recruitment Partner Shannon.LeRoux@cdhb.health.nz
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.