Radiologist - Permanent at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough, Nelson Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough seeks an experienced Specialist Radiologist to join the Radiology team
- Permanent full-time (80 hours a fortnight)
- No on-call or weekends required
- Nelson Hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
The Nelson Marlborough region, located at the summit of the South Island in Aotearoa, New Zealand, is spectacular. It is a great place to live for both work and leisure. The schools are excellent, and Nelson is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature - s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests. These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its caf culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance in Nelson, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/ and https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/
Te Whatu Ora, Nelson Marlborough has approximately 3000 employees, providing health services in the Nelson, Tasman, and Marlborough regions, serving almost 150,000 people. Facilities at Nelson Marlborough include four hospitals (Nelson, Wairau, Alexander, and Murchison), a district wide public health service, and four community health Centre's located in Richmond, Marlborough, Motueka, and Golden Bay. Our vision is for all people to live well, get well, and stay well, and our mission is to work with the people of our community to promote, encourage, and enable their health, well-being, and independence. Respect, innovation, teamwork, and integrity represent our fundamental values.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful applicant will:
- Work across multidisciplinary Radiology services including the provision of general radiology, ultrasound, CT, MRI with angiography and interventional radiology - if required.
- Join a team of eight experienced Radiologists, who are well supported by a professional team of medical imaging technologists (MIT - s), sonographers, registered nurses, radiography assistants, and dedicated administration staff.
- Have the perfect opportunity to achieve amazing work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand - s most sought-after regions with no on-call or weekend requirements.
The Nelson Radiology department is invested in having the latest equipment and technology, as well as fit for purpose facilities. Our hospital is growing in specialists and there will be opportunities for the successful applicant to introduce new technologies alongside this growth within their expertise. We have close links to Christchurch Hospital who provide the tertiary level vascular procedures such as thoracic stent grafting, fenestrated EVAR and thrombolysis.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
Our ideal applicant will:
- Hold Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists, or equivalent.
- Have postgraduate fellowship training (preferred).
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate with a vocational scope of Radiology with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Bring their medical expertise and unique skill set to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to advanced care of the acute patients in the region.
- Ability to work independently as a specialist in a provincial district.
- Work with others to promote a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing medical education and professional development.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are keys to provide successful services to our patients and community. Should this be the type of environment in which you will thrive, we would like to hear from you!
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary, you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance to cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation, and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries, please contact recruitment team SMO.Recruitment@nmdhb.govt.nz, (0) 3 539 5777
For additional role related information, please contact
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email will not be considered.
Whilst it is no longer mandatory, for the health and safety of staff and patients, employees in this role are expected to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (primary course plus booster).
Applications close: Open until filled.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.