Pukenga Tiaki - Maori Mental Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, Buller and Northern Areas
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent part-time 0.5FTE position
based in Greymouth but with the flexibility to work across the three
regions Southern, Central and Northern.
- Previous experience working in Specialty Mental Health Services ( SMHS) preferred, but not essential.
- Special interest in working closely with the Alcohol and drug services.
- Sound knowledge of Treaty of Waitangi, Māori Models of care and Te Reo.
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Pukenga Tiaki is a vital member of the multidisciplinary team at the Mental Health Service and Te Rauawa o Te Waka Hauora Hinengaro [Māori mental Health Team.
Working closely with your colleagues, you will ensure that culturally appropriate care is provided to tangata whaiora who access mental health and addiction services. You will walk alongside tangata whaiora and their whānau as they engage with our service, and will advocate for their needs. In turn you will guide your colleagues to develop the skills and knowledge to create an environment that is culturally safe and supports them from powhiri to poroporoake (through assessment and treatment to rehabilitation and discharge).
To deliver the best support to tangata whaiora you will bring knowledge of Te Reo Māori me ona Tikanga Māori. You will bring excellent oral and written communication skills and be committed to team work and leading your colleagues to deliver culturally appropriate care.
Ko wai koe | About You
- Pukenga Tiaki is a vital member of the multidisciplinary Team
- Provide support for Tangata Whaiora and their whānau as they engage with SMHS
- Provide advocacy and guidance to ensure the journey for Tangata Whaiora and there whānau is a culturally safe experience
- Provide support to colleagues to ensure Tangata Whaiora and whānau receive culturally appropriate care
- Develop good community networks
- Good oral communication and written skills required
Ngā hua - Benefits
- Orientation/ Training
- Continued focus on your career development
- Te Whatu Ora employee benefits
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Mō mātou - About us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Tono ināianei - Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our
career site will be accepted, therefore please apply directly on our career
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received,
and this job vacancy could close prior to the closing date.
Please apply only if you have the legal right to work and live in
New Zealand if you do not hold the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
your application will be declined.
Position Ref: PC1910919
For more information about this role please contact Nila Gopal - Nila.Gopal@cdhb.health.nz
Kia mau te wehi!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast|
|Location:||Buller and Northern Areas|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.