Core/Experienced Occupational Therapist (Full Time), Manukau & Mangere/Otara Locality at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Remuneration as per Pay Equity Claim Settlement Agreement
• Flexible Work Arrangements + EAP + Regular Hours
• Paid Study Leave & Financial Support for External Courses
• Team Environment + Multicultural Setting + Agile Work Style
About us: Te Whatu Ora - Counties Manukau District is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery. It is this diversity that offers unique opportunities for health professionals on both a personal and professional level. We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
The Opportunity: Gain valuable real-life experience & insights through the role of Community Occupational Therapist and join our Manukau or Mangere/Otara Locality team.
We have exciting opportunities for occupational therapists to join our interdisciplinary teams, who has experience in working in the community physical setting. The successful applicant will be working as part of the wider IDT to provide excellent delivery of care to our clinically and culturally diverse population within the community setting. We have a strong focus on providing restorative care and in this position you will enjoy a diverse range of clinical presentations helping you develop your knowledge and expertise, such as neurology, orthopaedics, older adults, musculoskeletal and respiratory conditions; two days are never the same! Our philosophy is to work holistically with our patients and whaanau to find innovative solutions.
There may be flexibility to work from home during admin days. If you enjoy variety, flexibility, new challenges, working in a multicultural setting and being part of an interdisciplinary community team then we look forward to hearing from you.
• NZ registered Occupational Therapist with current annual practising certificate
• At least 2 years experience as an Occupational Therapist ideally with community and/or rehabilitation experience
• Excellent skills in clinical decision making, communication and inter-personal skills
• Resilient, resourceful, proactive with the ability to resolve conflict and find viable solutions for complex issues
• Full, clean drivers licence
• Experience providing restorative and compensatory assessment and interventions, equipment solution, housing modifications, wheelchair and seating.
• EMS equipment and housing accreditation
What we can Offer:
• On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
• Excellent support from experienced practitioners, peer reviews, professional supervision and access to a clinical coach
• A generous relocation package which includes a one-way flight, accommodation, car rental & shipping freight (T's & C's apply)
• Support with visa if you are relocating to New Zealand
• Work Perks - Discounts at a variety of businesses
Our current main hours of service are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Please apply online by clicking on the Apply Now button.
To view the position description, please click here. For more information please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: CMH202312255
Applications Close: 04 March 2024
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.