Positions available for 2024 Training Year - Intensive Care Medicine Senior House Officers at Northern Regional Alliance (NRA), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
2024 Training Year North Shore Intensive Care & High Dependency Units
Work in Auckland’s North Shore in 2024:
· Part of the Auckland Super City but less hectic than the CBD with beautiful white sandy beaches and the hospital built alongside a freshwater lake.
· Auckland consistently rates among the world’s most liveable cities, with the North Shore being a prized part of the city.
· Auckland’s highly diverse and multicultural population add vibrancy to the city with its energetic nightlife, bustling restaurant scene, international entertainment options alongside accessible opportunities to explore the great outdoors from west and east coast beaches to the bush-clad regional parks.
Why train as a North Shore ICU House Officer:
· A busy general ICU allows an opportunity to gain exposure to the field of critical care, whilst being well supported by a welcoming and friendly team of specialists, registrars, nurses and allied health workers.
· Many RMO’s have rotated through the unit over the years and gone on to have successful careers in Intensive Care Medicine, inspired by their experience in the unit to continue in the field of critical care.
· Regular weekly teaching sessions as well as the opportunity to attend regional training events,
· Gain skills in assessing the critically ill, resuscitation, stabilisation, diagnostic evaluation, treatment of acute medical and surgical emergencies, procedural skills including intubation, mechanical ventilation and central venous line insertion, communication skills with both patients and their families as well as involvement in research and audit. All while well supported by the wider team.
Eligibility and how to apply:
· Required experience: 24 months of completed House Officer rotations.
· Preferred: some exposure to acute care and commitment to ICM training.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Northern Regional Alliance (NRA)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.