Kaimanaaki: High and Complex Needs Rehabilitation Service (HCNRS) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaimanaaki: High and Complex Needs Rehabilitation Service (HCNRS)
- Seeking an experienced Kaimanaaki for our HCNRS consisting of Buchanan Rehabilitation Centre (BRC) and the Assertive Community Outreach Service (ACOS)
- An exciting opportunity is available for a motivated and innovative individual looking for the next challenge in their career.
- Permanent, full time (40 hours) position based in Point Chevalier.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
BRC is a specialist inpatient service providing recovery focussed rehabilitation for 40 people aged 17-65 years. The majority of clients are aged under 30 years and all experience serious mental illness with associated high and complex needs. This service is committed to facilitating a therapeutic recovery oriented environment utilising evidence based practice in response to clients clinical, cultural, and rehabilitation needs.
BRC is undergoing evolutionary change brought about by an on-going increase in the complexity of referrals and our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and reducing inequity for Māori and other cultural groups. Working collaboratively with other team members and other services you will be able to provide cultural support and expertise to our team, participating with a clinician in mental health assessments and treatment for those people with high and complex needs who require BRC or ACOS support.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Level 4 Certificate in Mental Health Support Work, or equivalent relevant qualification
- Previous experience working within a mental health setting.
- In-depth understanding of cultural safety and responsiveness for Māori and Pacific cultures and supporting kaimahi to upskill in these areas
- Fluency in either Te Reo or one of the languages belonging to the main Pacific cultures resident in Auckland and excellent community networks would be an advantage.
- As this role is community based, a full and clean driver license is also essential.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland. We also have a variety of services on the Point Chevalier campus.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
For more information about this role please contact Hiring manager Dianne Bartlett, via email@example.com
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland. For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Reshma Amin, Recruitment Consultant at Reshmaa@adhb.govt.nz or +64 021574042 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.