Senior Clinical Pharmacist Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Childrens and Womens Health Service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you an experienced paediatric Clinical Pharmacist looking to take the next step in your career?
- Permanent and fixed term opportunities
- Full time (part time / job share options could be considered)
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Department of Pharmacy at Te Toka Tumai is looking for an experienced, motivated pharmacist to provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to our critically unwell paediatric patients at Starship - New Zealand's first and foremost children’s hospital at Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
Starship Hospital, is an innovative, professionally stimulating work environment where you’ll enjoy a real breadth and balance across the paediatric critical care service with patients under various subspecialties including cardiology, respiratory, gastroenterology, transplant, neurology, endocrine and metabolic. You will work alongside experienced clinical leaders to help you drive and influence strategies to best optimise the patient care.
In this exciting role you will join our award winning clinical team contributing to the safe use of medicines by the providing clinical pharmacy input to paediatric patients’ care. Your input will include:
- work within a multidisciplinary team to conduct medication reviews and promote the quality use of medicines for critically unwell patients
- assist with clinician, nursing and patient/carer education
- work within a team of clinical pharmacists, supporting and teaching junior colleagues and the wider multidisciplinary team in order to facilitate good prescribing practice
For more information, please contact Kristen Greville – Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 0413017
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. We are also an Accredited Employer with Immigration NZ (Please visit Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa for more information if you will be needing a Work Visa)
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 120 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services.
We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust, respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will be an enthusiastic clinical pharmacist, committed to furthering yourself and your peers with the ability to role model the Auckland DHB values.
- Qualified with a B.Pharm degree with NZ registration or applicable NZ recognised qualification from overseas, postgraduate clinical qualifications are desirable.
- Registered, or be eligible for registration, with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate
- At least three to five years of clinical pharmacy experience, paediatric and/or critical care experience highly desired
- Quick to pick up new concepts and strong attention to detail
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills are essential
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills, as well as the ability to develop close working relationships across disciplines
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
We offer competitive remuneration commensurate with your skill, experience and qualifications, as per the Auckland Regional Allied/Public Health and Technical MECA.
For more information, please contact the hiring manager, Kristen Greville, Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on email@example.com or 021 0413017
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email Aaron Chamberlain at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.