Social Worker | Child, Adolescent and Family Access Team at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full time (1.0 FTE) Permanent position for an NZ Registered Social Worker.
- Fixed Term until 08/03/2024 working 40 hours a week for an NZ Registered Social Worker.
- Bring your clinical expertise and play an integral role in assisting young people with a psychiatric crisis.
- Experience working within a mental health setting is essential to this position.
Mō te tūnga - About the Role
Our Child, Adolescent and Family (CAF) Access Team receives enquiries and referrals for our CAF specialist mental health services and provides an emergency response with short term follow-up for young people with a psychiatric crisis.
Currently based at The Princess Margaret Hospital we are a small but growing multi-disciplinary team who work closely together. Your role will involve time in the referral area, including phone triaging, as well as in the emergency function where you will be completing phone triaging, face to face emergency comprehensive psychiatric assessments and if required some brief term follow up. Clinicians have a range of skills and expertise working with young people 0 up to 18 years of age (older if still at school).
- Full time (1.0 FTE) Permanent position
- Fixed Term until 08/03/2024 working 40 hours a week
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Phone triaging of young people in crisis in conjunction with their family/whanau;
- Providing comprehensive psychiatric assessments and interventions to young people in psychiatric crisis and brief case management if felt necessary by multi-disciplinary team;
- Triaging routine referrals into our CAF services;
- Working collaboratively with external agencies striving for better health outcomes in our community.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
- The ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with young people, family/whanau, within the team and with other agencies;
- A minimum of 2 years mental health experience along with knowledge of general mental health assessment or risk is desirable or be willing to complete post graduate training;
- Experience within a Child and Adolescent setting and an understanding of child and adolescent development is advantageous;
- As some travel is required in this position, a current NZ driver - s license is essential.
- Registration with the Social Work Registration Board is essential.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Shannon Le Roux, Recruitment Partner on email@example.com
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.