RN - Mental Health MHNASC at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Service: Mental Health Needs Assessment Service Coordination
Contract: Permanent - 40 hours/week and 36 hours/week
Salary: As per MECA - Community Mental Health Nurse Scale (dependent on experience)
40 hours/week - Step 6-8 or 36 hours/week - Step 6-8 (pro rata for part time)
Please indicate the hours of work you are interested in your covering letter.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Mental Health Needs Assessment Service Coordination is a dynamic and responsive specialist mental health service that keep tangata whaiora at the centre of what we do. We are part of the Mental Health Addictions and Intellectual Disability Service Operations Centre that covers the Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley district.
The role is to comprehensively assess mental health and addictions support needs, for people aged 18 and over and refer them on to services to work alongside them to enhance their recovery. These services may include community based supports, home based supports and housing and recovery residential support.
If you enjoy the challenge of meaningful work that makes an impact on people - s lives, then this is the role for you.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
MHNASC is a friendly, supportive and hardworking team who:
- Believe that caring for each other is an essential part of working in the mental health field.
- Are passionate about finding solutions for the people that we work with.
- Will support you to extend your knowledge and expertise as a clinician.
Moū - About you
Skills and experience that would be helpful for the role include:
- Registration with Nursing Council of New Zealand (NCNZ);
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) and scope appropriate to place of work;
- Completion of an undergraduate (leading to registration) or post graduate programme in mental health or intellectual disability nursing;
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the significance of and obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, including how to apply Te Tiriti principles in a meaningful way in the nursing role;
- A commitment to achieving equitable outcomes for Māori;
- A personal commitment to on-going learning and development including attainment/maintenance of PDRP;
- Full driver - s licence;
- Strong and successful experience in leading and delivering comprehensive assessments, and working in collaboration with people and their whānau to ensure best possible health and wellbeing outcomes;
- Record of working successfully within complex systems to collaborate and facilitate positive outcomes;
- Having advanced knowledge of how systems work, and what resources are available;
- Experience in using critical thinking and judgement on how best to allocate resources to support the recommendations from the assessment;
- Advanced knowledge relevant to MHNASC (desirable);
- Proficiency in using technology within the workplace;
- A high standard of written and spoken English.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time, Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.