Diabetes Clinical Nurse Specialist -Pacific Peoples at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, part-time 0.8FTE Nursing leadership opportunity
- Empower Pacific peoples to manage their diabetes and optimise their health.
- At least five years - nursing experience and strong Pacific links essential
When you work with the Te Whatu Ora Waitaha, you - re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Talofa lava, Kia orana, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakafeiloaki, Mālō e lelei, Fakatalofa atu, Ni Sa Bula, Halo, Noa - ia, Mauri and warm Pacific greetings
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Diabetes Specialist Service as a Diabetes Clinical Nurse Specialist with a focus on the wellbeing of Ngā tāngata o Te Moana-nui-a-Kiwa, the peoples of the Pacific. Our team are dedicated to empowering people with Diabetes to be in full control of their health and wellbeing, valuing the physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing of Pacific peoples for equitable health outcomes. The 0.8 FTE permanent part time position offers a role in a clinical leadership position to shape strategic direction and deliver a holistic level of care.
As a senior member of the team, you will focus on and embrace connectivity by:
- Working with communities to build, maintain and enable strong foundations for Pacific health and wellbeing.
- Prioritise disease prevention, health promotion and health & wellbeing.
- Understand the needs of Pacific people and communities, enabling them to exercise authority over their health and wellbeing.
- Ensure that timely, high-quality services are reaching Pacific peoples.
- Grow and continually develop the Diabetes service and its care delivery to a high standard of care for Pacific people.
You will be comfortable with technology and its use to support self-management and improve health outcomes. You will also have or be willing to work towards the relevant Postgraduate Study to support your clinical expertise with a view to obtaining a RN prescribing endorsement.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and Experience
- A registered Nurse with at least five years - experience and strong links to the Pacific community.
- You will be an expert at leading and developing nursing practice to improve health outcomes and the management of Diabetes.
- You will hold an appreciation and understanding of health beliefs valued by the Pacific community and be passionate about building knowledge and empowerment for self-management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships with a strong patient focus.
- A current APC and mental health scope of practice.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications, with a view to obtaining a Nurse prescribing qualification is desirable.
Mō mātou - About us
From July last year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people - become part of our team.
Ngā hua - Benefits
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei - Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt - Recruitment Specialist - Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.