Resource Worker-Youth Justice at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Tamariki and Rangatahi Support Workers (Resource Workers)
Casual - Hourly rate of $24.67 Tauranga Site
(As and when required for short or block assignments)
Are you driven to make a difference for tamaiti and their whānau? At Oranga Tamariki we are dedicated to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of everything we do and say. Our Tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. We are on a journey to ensure it happens.
We are seeking several Casual Tamariki and Rangatahi Support Workers (Resource Workers) to provide support services. You will play an important part in a very rewarding role.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
Ideal candidates for this role are strong, assertive individuals who are driven to making a difference to our tamariki and rangatahi. This role can sometimes see you facing some difficult situations so it's important for us to hire the right candidates who have a calm demeanor and patience when faced with potentially aggressive behavior and vulgar language.
The mahi you do will vary depending on the needs at the time, but could include the following:
- Transport tamariki and rangatahi to school, appointments, activities, and respite
- Minding tamariki and rangatahi when they are not with their whānau
- Monitoring of tamaiti who are deemed at risk
- Weekend work may be required, and occasionally travel may require you to stay overnight
- Support, mentor and walk alongside our tamaiti during their journey with us
- You may assist Social Workers if the need arises
- Supervising their visits at a variety of venues with parents, whānau and/or siblings, and writing observational reports
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- Flexibility to work varying hours during the week and weekends, and to changing priorities
- People skills, patience, and an ability to see past what someone might be struggling with and an empathy for tamaiti
- Experience with tamariki that may have complex needs (Behavioural, ADHD, Autism, FASD to name a few)
- Exhibit discretion and be able to earn the trust of tamariki, rangatahi and other staff
- Demonstrate tolerance and understanding
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience, be able to prepare an accurate, understandable, and useable report or incident record if needed
- Always show a high degree of consistency in behavior and act as a clear and positive role model, generating confidence and commitment of others through his/her own ethical conduct
- The ability to work in New Zealand, hold a clean current driver's license
- An understanding and appreciation of cultural issues and concerns in particular Tikanga Maori & Pacific Island cultures
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and strong team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can develop and grow. We welcome diversity and we work in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of Tamariki and Rangatahi.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this role close on 1st December 2023!
If you are interested in any of our vacancies, please ensure that you make yourself familiar with our code of conduct as it sets out our expectations for our kaimahi and requires you to present at work free from the influences of both drugs and alcohol."
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Resource Worker PD 160518.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.