Regional Social Worker- Upper South at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Nelson - Marlborough
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- x1 Permanent, fulltime position available
- Position will be based in Nelson supporting tamariki and rangatahi from our sites across the Upper South Island
- We're offering a competitive salary starting from $78,840 to $97,557, depending on experience
In this role you'll be working with and supporting tamariki and rangatahi who have high and complex needs within our community, working alongside their social workers to support stability in placements and transitions. We need people who have knowledge and experience of working in complex situations with a range of stakeholders, and who are deeply passionate about the wellbeing of those we care for.
We acknowledge that there is much work to do but we are up for it. If you think you have what it takes, then apply to join our regional team based in Nelson. Our sites work hard to do things differently within the foundation of a whānau led approach focused on awhi and supporting whānau and their tamariki and rangatahi in mana-enhancing ways.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Upper South team is on a journey to ensuring we have a robust and fit for service care strategy to support our most vulnerable tamariki and rangatahi, providing care that meets the needs at the time, and into the future, to ensure or oranga can be realised.
In this fast-paced role, you will have the privilege to work in our community, with tamariki, rangatahi, whānau, our care partners and other providers to ensure a joined-up response to meeting the needs of the tamariki, whānau and partners we are working with. We work hard to engage sustainable support that will keep tamariki safe and in whichever care setting they require. So, if you think you have what it takes, and you are dedicated to supporting tamariki and rangatahi with achieving positive change in our community, then we want to hear from you.
- Strong focus on disability and experience with high and complex needs tamariki and rangatahi
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them and their whānau to make positive changes
- Work with our care partners to ensure high quality care responses that meet needs
- Supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
- Be involved in planning interventions to return tamariki and rangatahi back to whānau
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki and rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Ideal candidate for this role is an experienced Social Worker who has worked in Aotearoa in a similar role a non-governmental organisation (NGO) sector and/or someone who has worked within Oranga Tamariki previously.
Key requirements of the role include:
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A strong and genuine commitment to strength-based practice
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility to their working hours
- An authentic commitment to working alongside whānau is essential
- Soft skills, emotional empathy, teamwork and leadership.
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
Our vision is to ensure New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment of putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications close on Friday 1st December 2023!!
If you are interested in any of our vacancies, please ensure that you make yourself familiar with our code of conduct as it sets out our expectations for our kaimahi and requires you to present at work free from the influences of both drugs and alcohol
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Nelson - Marlborough|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.