Business Manager, DCS at Reserve Bank of New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Come join us. We're unreserved in our collective commitment to enable economic wellbeing and prosperity for all those who call New Zealand home.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand | Te Pūtea Matua is New Zealand's central bank.
Its purpose is enabling economic prosperity and well-being for all New Zealanders | Toitū te Ōhanga.
The Reserve Bank is preparing to implement new legislation that will promote the prosperity and well-being of New Zealanders. This legislation will contribute to a productive and sustainable economy by protecting and promoting the stability of the financial system.
This is an exciting time as Te Pūtea Matua continues to transform, setting up to meet an evolving mandate and purpose. This role sits within an ongoing multi-year project programme with a range of newly-created roles that will enable Te Pūtea Matua to prepare for the Deposit Takers Act 2023 (DTA or the Act) that's been passed by Parliament on 29 June 2023.
Te tūranga - The role
The focus of the role will be in relation to the implementation of the Depositor Compensation Scheme (DCS). Reporting to the Senior Manager Depositor Compensation Scheme, the Business Manager will be responsible for providing thought leadership and operational guidance to the DCS team. You will be a key influential figure within the programme of work and will guide important implementation and design decisions as the RBNZ establishes the DCS.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Deliver the DCS project objectives and meet legislative/ministerial timelines.
- Drive collaboration and deliver results in partnership with stakeholders to lift the Bank's integration of DCS.
- Advise the Senior Manager and Programme Director on the development of a relevant, fit for purpose DCS strategy and implementation program.
- Work with the Senior Manager, DCS to manage internal and external stakeholder relationships and expectations.
- Implement operational strategies aligned with the overall goals and objectives of the DCS, and in-line with the approved Implementation Business Case.
- Identify and develop strategies to manage business risks (financial, operational, reputational, and legal) in accordance with DCS risk appetite. This includes contingency planning and crisis management.
This is a fixed term position until June 2025. We encourage early applications and will be reviewing these as they come in. Due to the requirement of this position, and the pace in which the programme is moving, we expect to shortlist prior to the role closing.
Ō pūkenga - About you
- Experience advising senior executives and business leaders on commercial, financing and business structures.
- Displays strong commercial acumen and uses this knowledge to influence and inform decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Capable and comfortable operating at all levels including a 'roll your sleeves up' approach.
- Some understanding of the Depositor Compensation Scheme and the RBNZ's obligations under the Deposit Takers Act would be useful.
- Financial or similar post graduate business qualification.
Ko wai matou - Who we are
We're kaitiaki (guardians) of New Zealand's financial ecosystem - enabling economic wellbeing and prosperity for all New Zealanders. We do all we can to support, a sustainable, productive and efficient economy built on integrity, innovation and inclusion. We're building diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our differences seed our innovation and help us deliver our best work - reflective of the needs of society. We welcome and value knowledge of Te Ao Māori, Te Tiriti and Tikanga.
So come join us if you're wanting that something more
Bring your talent, curiosity and expertise and we'll help you do the rest. You'll be part of one of the world's most trusted and respected central banks. We'll invest in you. And with you, we're investing in New Zealand.
For role enquiries, contact Sandeep Parekh - Senior Manager Deposit Compensation Scheme on firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more please review the position description and for specific queries contact Gareth Barker on email@example.com
If this has helped you imagine a brighter future, apply online by 30th November 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Reserve Bank of New Zealand|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.