Senior Clinical Pharmacist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Te Whatu Ora Lakes
Permanent, Full time or part Time
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated clinical pharmacist with a passion for intensive care? Te Whatu Ora Lakes (Rotorua Hospital) is seeking a Senior Clinical Pharmacist who will hold responsibilities to provide comprehensive, safe and effective clinical care to our 13 bedded ICU/CCU ward and contribute as part of a team to the overall clinical and operational duties of the Pharmacy department.
Why Join Te Whatu Ora Lakes as a Clinical Pharmacist?
- Work within a high performing and friendly team!
- Collaborate and network with other ICU pharmacists across Te Manawa Taki.
- Access funding for growth and development and be mentored by other experienced clinical pharmacists
- Enjoy a hassle-free commute with free parking
- A perfect work-life balance with abundant outdoor and social activities available in the region, including adventure and water sports at your doorstep, and easy access to the beach, snowboarding, and skiing as day trips from Rotorua.
- Relocation expenses available – as per Te Whatu Ora policy
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Clinical Pharmacist at Rotorua Hospital, you will work closely with the ICU and HDU teams, providing clinical guidance, medication expertise, and contributing to the overall patient care. Your presence will be highly appreciated, as the pharmacy department is well respected by other hospital services. You will also play a vital role in supporting and educating our clinical pharmacy team. You will also have variety in your day by providing clinical services to other areas as required as well as contributing to a manageable dispensary rostered session.
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare to a population of 110,000 people from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
Key Qualifications and Desirable Experience:
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of clinical pharmacy experience in a hospital setting
- Qualifications: You must be a New Zealand registered pharmacist. A post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or a relevant postgraduate qualification is highly desirable.
- ICU/HDU Experience: Previous experience in the Intensive Care Unit or High Dependency Unit is desirable, but we also welcome candidates with a passion for developing the necessary skills and knowledge
- Skills: We are seeking individuals with excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, a strong willingness to learn, adaptability, and resilience.
- Motivation: The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, energetic, and have the ability to inspire and collaborate with colleagues.
- Oncall Roster: Participation in the on-call roster will be required (approximately every 4 to 6 weeks).
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Good Communication: Effective communication is crucial in this role. You will need to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- Positive Attitude: We are looking for individuals with a great attitude who are committed to providing the best patient care.
- Keenness to Learn: A willingness to learn and stay updated on the latest developments in clinical pharmacy is essential.
- Adaptability: Healthcare environments can be dynamic. The ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities is a valuable skill.
- Resilience: The ICU can be a challenging setting. Resilience is key to maintaining high levels of pharmacy service in this environment.
If you're a qualified clinical pharmacist with a passion for intensive care and meet the experience and qualifications outlined above, we encourage you to apply.
Don't miss this opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team making a difference in patient care at Te Whatu Ora Lakes We look forward to welcoming a motivated pharmacist to our team.
Pay banding $87,999 to $99,420 p.a. raising to $103,000 to $109,000 p.a. under Pay Equity Translation
Please do not hesitate to contact Jean-Pierre Meyer, Acting Pharmacy Manager directly to discuss this opportunity:
Jean-Pierre.Meyer@lakesdhb.govt.nz or 0204 148 6361
Apply online via our website www.lakesdhb.govt.nz.
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.