Physiotherapy leadership opportunity at Te Toka Tumai Auckland at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join our Physiotherapy team as the Practice Supervisor on Mana Awhi – Older Persons Health
- Leadership opportunity – leading a team of 13 Physiotherapist
- Supportive, friendly multidisciplinary team with great onboarding
- Visa and relocation support are on offer for suitable candidates
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced NZ Registered Physiotherapist to work in Mana Awhi – Older Persons Health as our Practice Supervisor. This role is based at Auckland City Hospital and is a permanent, full-time role. This key role reports directly to the Physiotherapy Clinical Lead and is an ideal opportunity for an experienced physiotherapist wanting to develop their leadership capabilities.
Our mana awhi wards consist of 4 rehabilitation wards including acute care of the elderly, longer term rehabilitation and acute older persons Orthopaedics (with a focus on #NOFs).
Key aspects of the Practice supervisor role:
- Clinical leadership of a team of 13 Physiotherapist’s.
- Implementing evidence-based practice and service development for mana awhi
- Motivating, guiding and developing staff
- Collaboration with wider Physiotherapy, Allied Health and Mana Awhi teams in a leadership capacity.
Regardless of your experience, you will receive a thorough orientation and be well supported in your role. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of conditions from specialist services.
We will aim to complete this recruitment before the end of 2023 and you may be contacted before the applications close. Please put your CV in at the earliest convenience.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Significant experience working in the hospital or community setting with a minimum of 7 years clinical experience
- Clinical expertise in older persons health
- Proven supervision, mentoring, coaching and leadership skills
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Evidence of establishing and developing working relationships within the wider MDT
- Experience providing adult teaching and knowledge of appropriate educating skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
For more information about this role please contact Nina MacKenzie – Clinical Lead for Physiotherapy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday 1st December, 2023 at 11.59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Immigration / Visa Support
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical MECA 2018-2020)
Salary Range: Step 1 $58,513 to Step 12 $92,799 (depending on experience)
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Vaidehi Sharma - Recruitment Consultant at Vaidehis@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref # ADHB19817 discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.