Principal Solicitor, Commercial at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whiwhinga Mahi | The opportunity
We are looking for a Principal Solicitor with significant legal commercial experience to support ACC's vision of a thriving Aotearoa by improving lives every day. This role will advise on and lead initiatives for complex strategic and operational commercial and contracting matters that enable and support the unique ACC no fault accidental injury scheme.
To view a detailed position description, please click here.
Ko wai koe | About you
We're looking for a team player with exceptional communication skills, who can build strong relationships and work collaboratively. Someone who understands and focuses on the big issues and provides simple, solutions focused advice. You will be comfortable advising in a large Crown Entity context with a diverse range of stakeholders, leading specialist legal projects and providing specialist legal advice on business led projects.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in law and a current New Zealand Law Society practicing certificate.
- Significant post qualification experience in commercial contracting, legal lead and supported projects and initiatives, contract and template development, legal and commercial risk management, and working within the machinery of Government as it relates to commissioning, procurement and contracting.
- Experience advising on health service and multi-agency contracts and agreements. Experience advising on competition law considerations in a purchaser context will be an advantage.
- Experience proactively building relationships with a diverse range of key stakeholders to understand the strategic context, identity and prioritise a pipeline of work, and to enable proactive legal thinking.
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring a team of in-house lawyers.
- Experience working in the health sector, other highly regulated sectors and/or a Crown or Crown Entity context.
- Knowledge of, or a willingness to develop knowledge of, Te Ao Māori, tikanga and Te Reo Māori.' You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to develop knowledge of, Te Tiriti o Waitangi / the Treaty of Waitangi as it applies to commissioning, procurement and contracting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem solving and time management skills and a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
Working at ACC:
The Legal Commercial team seeks to deliver positive impact to ACC's broad ($1b+ spend each year) commercial and funding portfolios. We advise on legal commercial strategy, issues and risks at all stages of the investment, procurement and service delivery lifecycles. We focus on high value strategic initiatives and agreements related to health, technology, kaupapa Māori and corporate services, and injury prevention. We are a diverse and close-knit team that seeks to continuously improve, collaborate and innovate to enable ACC's functions and strategic objectives, to enhance risk management and to improve lives every day.
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
The appointing salary range for this role is $137,401 - $193,978 with appointment depending on skills and experience and internal relativities. ACC also offers 9% superannuation.In addition to a competitive salary package we offer, career development, annual health checks and flu vaccination, discounts on Southern Cross health insurance, gym membership discounts and retail discounts.
Ra Katinga'| Applications:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now by submitting your CV and cover letter through our ACC Careers Website. Applications close 9am, Monday, 4 December. We intend to interview later that week.
If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you would like further information, please contact Kate.Scott@acc.co.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.