SQL Database Administrator at Health Alliance (hA), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Looking for a role with purpose?A chance to make a difference? Now is the time to join us!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we?
Join Te Whatu Ora at a key time, where you will meaningfully contribute to our kaupapa of creating a more equitable, accessible, cohesive and people-centred health system. This mahi will improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in Aotearoa, and we've got an opportunity for you to be part of it.
We want to build a healthcare system that works collectively and cohesively around a shared set of values and a culture that enables everyone to bring their best to work and feel proud when they go home to their whānau, friends and community.
Mō tō Mātou Rōpū – About Our Team
As part of the TPM Database services team you will be responsible for the management and support of the SQL Server database environments and reporting services
- You have a passion and drive for technical and customer service excellence
- We are looking for enthusiastic, innovative team builders to join our wonderful team
Te Whiwhinga Mahi| The Opportunity
Provide technical expertise and expert database services across designated Te Whatu Ora – HealthNZ database systems. You will work within a large Database Services Team and alongside other National DBA’s across the country involved in both local and national projects.
We will consider flexibility with regards to the role’s location, based on the location of our Te Whatu Ora offices.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako – Skills & Experience
- 2+ Years’ experience in database technologies, Preferably MSSQL.
- Experience with database systems in Windows environments, including Multi-Cloud infrastructure
- Confident in your SQL scripting abilities
- Well versed with RDBMS operational best practice including database design, query design, database tuning, security and capacity management and planning
- Knowledge and experience supporting reporting services and data warehouse platforms (Preferred)
- Experience with hospital or health sector environments (Preferred)
What you can expect in return
- Working in health brings its own special kind of reward and we’re passionate about it. Through our people, there’s a collective drive to deliver professional, sustainable and efficient services, creating a workplace that people are proud of
- A supportive and nurturing team environment with depth of expertise to support you
- Ongoing personal development with personal and professional development opportunities to get involved in
- A flexible and remote enabled working environment
- Acute focus on well-being with dedicated well-being events
Our team celebrates diversity and inclusion, so put your unique perspective forward and let's see where it takes us! If you're interested in this role, but feel you may not have the exact experience we're looking for, please still consider applying as we're keen to hear from curious, passionate people who are willing to learn!
Mā whero, mā pango ka oti ai te mahi.
With red and black the work will be complete.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
All completed applications have to be submitted online. Click on ‘apply’ via the link provided.
A copy of the position description can be provided on request, please email our recruitment team at email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 29 November 2023
Our teams are taking a well-deserved break and in such our offices will be closed from 23 December 2023 - 8 January 2024. Even though we will not be reviewing any applications during this time, rest assured that we will pick this up with great enthusiasm as soon as possible on our return. Have a happy and safe holiday season!
Please note only candidates who have the right to work in New Zealand will be considered.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Health Alliance (hA)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.