Medical Imaging Technologist - MRI at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent Full time position available 40 hours per week (1FTE)
- Join an experienced and passionate team of healthcare professionals
- NZ registered Medical Imaging Technologist with a current APC (essential)
- Relocation packages and Immigration assistance available*
Why Christchurch, New Zealand?
With nature and adventure on the doorstep, a revitalised city centre, short commutes, affordable housing, quality education and tons of opportunity for career growth, life in Christchurch offers a work-life balance that is top notch.
Moving to Christchurch means a better work life balance. We boast 2143 hours of annual sunlight, 14 ski areas, 35 wineries, 350km of walking tracks, 700+ gardens and parks, and an average of 19 mins commute time.
Mō te tūnga | About the Role
The MRI Service at Te Whatu Ora, Waitaha provide patient centred care across multiple sites. We currently have four 1.5T scanners and one 3T spread across two sites. We are a hardworking team who use professional knowledge and skills to ensure the provision of a quality patient-centred imaging service.
Our busy tertiary hospital setting will offer you the challenge of
performing a wide range of procedures involving acute, planned, inpatient, and
outpatient workloads. You - ll coordinate workloads and liaise with
clinical and support staff.
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the MRI scanner operates effectively and efficiently;
- Producing high standard image quality;
- Managing a daily and weekly workload across multiple MRI scanners;
- Having a strong focus for patient care and workflow;
- Delivering a patient-focused service, with a best for patient - best for system approach;
- Demonstrating a commitment to continued professional development and knowledge sharing.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently within a fast-paced environment;
- The ability to work collaboratively within our multidisciplinary team;
- Proven administrative and organisational skills;
- Registration with the Medical Radiation Technologists Board as a Medical Imaging Technologist;
- Experience in MRI is essential.
You will be required to participate in a 24/7 rostered service including on call.
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Alex Jay, Recruitment Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
*overseas candidates only. Please find more information here https://somewheredifferent.nz/relocation-package/
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.