Registered Midwife (Part-Time), New Graduate Midwifery Programme, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Midwifery Graduate Programme, Te Whatu Ora Counties Manukau
Te Whatu Ora Counties Manukau Midwifery Graduate Programme offers you the opportunity to establish and grow your midwifery career in a highly professional and culturally diverse team and community.
Counties Manukau leadership has made a commitment to the women of South Auckland and have established a dedicated Women’s Health Division. You can be part of this and help shape our vision.
Our Midwifery Graduate programme is designed to consolidate your newly acquired midwifery skills under the guidance of our experienced team of midwives.
Our fifteen-month programme involves three structured placements providing practice experience across the scope of midwifery practice:
- Six months in: Birthing & Assessment (B & A)
- Five months in Ward 21/Maternity Ward (antenatal and postnatal high risk)
- Four months either in one of the three Primary Birthing Units, or an extra high acuity placement in Birthing & Assessment, or with the Community Midwives (at Kerrs Road or the Primary Birthing Units)
The rotation structure and order are flexible and specific to the individual midwifery graduate.
The Counties Manukau Midwifery Graduate Programme also offers an additional four education days specifically facilitated for your group.
On-going guidance from dedicated senior midwives, our team of midwife educators and midwifery clinical coaches, and the Counties Manukau / AUT Midwifery Development and Education Service (MDES) ensures a supportive environment, facilitating your transition to a confident practitioner.
For your application we require:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A copy of your Academic Record to date (grades from three or four years)
- Two Referees: telephone and email contact details. Either one being the LMC of your last continuity placement and the other from your tertiary institute or school of midwifery or one being the LMC of your last continuity placement and the other from a previous employer or an employed midwife familiar with your practice.
- NZ Completed Undergraduate Degree in Midwifery
- Eligible to work in New Zealand
If you are interested in a Graduate Opportunity with Te Whatu Ora Counties Manukau, then apply online or contact Fran Upoko in the Recruitment Centre on (09) 276 0044 ext 53449 or Sanne Wesseling, Midwife Coordinator on 276 0044 ext 52055 or 021 844613 for more information.
Job Number: CMH202312513
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.