Occupational Therapist (Full Time) Rapua te Ao Waiora, Mental Health, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
• Flexible Work Arrangements + EAP + Regular Hours
• Paid Study Leave & Financial Support for External Courses
• Team Environment + Multicultural Setting + Agile Work Style
Te Whatu Ora - Counties Manukau District is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery. It is this diversity that offers unique opportunities for health professionals on both a personal and professional level. We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
Gain valuable real-life experience & insights through the role of Mental Health Occupational Therapist. We are a community-based team that provides specialist mental health care in the Manurewa and Papakura area. We work with our Non-Government Organisation partners to ensure that our whaiora and whanau receive equitable and quality services. This position is responsible for providing service user and whaanau centred safe, effective outcomes focused occupational therapy service within an interdisciplinary team setting either in a specific clinical service or across different services. You will provide social work services to individuals, their families/whanau and the community. These include ongoing psychosocial assessments, treatments and support interventions to a designed caseload of service users.
The successful candidate must be able to provide this service in a culturally sensitive and appropriate manner, in accordance with designated occupational therapy standards of practice, organisational policy, National Mental Health Standards and underpinned by the principles in Te Tiriti o Waitangi. The ability to provide culturally appropriate specialised assessment and intervention for Maaori is a prerequisite. We work closely with our tangata whaiora, their whaanau, Non –Government Organnisation’s, and Primary Care providers. We can offer you a chance to work both independently and as part of a strong quality-focussed team. You will also be provided with on-going support with clinical supervision and professional development opportunities.
- Registration with the New Zealand Occupational Therapy Board
- Current NZ Annual Practising Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years postgraduate experience working as an Occupational Therapist in Mental Health
- Full, clean NZ driver’s licence
- Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
- A generous relocation package which includes a one-way flight, accommodation, car rental, shipping freight (T’s & C’s apply)
- Support with Immigration/Visa
- Free parking onsite
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com.
Job Number: CMH07822
Applications Close: 08 March 2024
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.