Locum Registrations 2024 Registrar and House Officer at Northern Regional Alliance (NRA), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
In order to undertake locum shifts within the Auckland region Districts you will first need to successfully apply for locum registration and be issued with a locum casual employment contract. This applies also to current RMO's in on-going employment. Locum contracts are separate to permanent employment contracts.
The below outlines the registration processes for both:
- Current employees in ongoing permanent employment wishing to undertake locum shifts outside of the Auckland Region District that they are currently allocated to, and;
- RMO's who are not currently employed in the Auckland region in ongoing employment that wish to undertake locum shifts within our District.
Please Note: You are unable to accept any shifts prior to having successfully completed the recruitment process.
Please be aware that if you are an external candidate not currently employed in a permanent capacity within the Auckland region, the registration process does involve successful police clearance being received prior to being able to offer locum contract documentation as per our obligations under the Children’s Act 2014. Processing times are determined by NZ Police, can take the full 20 working days, and cannot be expedited.
In order to locum in the Auckland region, you must meet the minimum requirements below:
- Hold a current and full General Scope of Practise certificate with no restrictions from MCNZ (and have any PGY2 related endorsements removed from your Practising certificate)
- Have proof of eligibility to work in New Zealand
- Have a current ACLS Certificate (or if a current employee proof of future booking if expired)
- Have proof of current Indemnity Insurance.
If you meet the requirements above, please register your interest with our bureau by submitting an application by clicking on the link below. We will endeavour to get you through the registration process as quickly as possible.
The employment process involves:
- Completing an online application form and providing an up to date CV - Please download the NRA CV template here
- References: If you are in current permanent employment within the Auckland Region we will only require one reference from your current run (as long as you have been in that run for 1 month or more, if not then the run you’ve just completed). If you are an external applicant then we will require two satisfactory references. One must be from your current run allocation at the time of applying. One further reference must be from your run allocation directly preceding your current run allocation. Whether you are an internal or external applicant, it is your responsibility to, and only when requested to do so, upload your referee details via the electronic reference website. You will be sent a request to do this after you have formally applied and your application has been reviewed as being suitable to complete the locum registration process.
- All applicants that are not already employed in ongoing employment must attach the documents as outlined below. For those that are already working in permanent employment we will only require these documents if we do not already hold these on file, or if they have since expired.
- Certified copy primary Medical Qualification or conferred Academic Transcript
- Certified copy of Passport (and work visa/residency visa if applicable)
- Certified copy of Driver Licence
- Proof of Indemnity Insurance
- ACLS certificate. This must be less than 2 years old at time of application or email course booking confirmation for current employees. This does not need to be verified
Please note that documents can only be accepted that are certified by a Justice of the Peace, Lawyer, Court Registrar, NZ police officer, or an NRA representative. Documents cannot be certified by a fellow RMO, SMO, Consultant or other Medical professional.
The Auckland region is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and the intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker Role - Core as defined by the Act.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Northern Regional Alliance (NRA)
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.