Cardiac Physiologist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join our dynamic and dedicated team in New Zealand’s largest hospital
- Full time permanent position available for qualified physiologists wanting to work in a busy, exciting and diverse environment.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a new position available for a Cardiac Physiologist who is keen to join our team. We work across a vast range of elective and acute diagnostic and interventional procedures for adult patients as well as providing the only service for paediatric and ACHD patients.
This is a busy and complex service that will continue to challenge any Cardiac Physiologist. As a core member of the Physiology team, you will be expected to work autonomously in a variety of basic procedures depending on your training and experience, however we can also provide you with training to improve your skills in other advanced procedures as desired and/or required, that you may not have encountered before!
About the role
As a core member of the Physiology team, you will be expected to work autonomously in a variety of procedures depending on your training and experience. You will report to the Charge Cardiac Physiologist,
Procedures performed at Auckland City Hospital include:
- Coronary and PCI studies (we are the primary PCI service for the Auckland/Northland region)
- Transplant assessments & RHS using FICK and thermo dilution cardiac output methods
- Full range of Electrophysiology studies, diagnostic and ablation including 3D. These are provided for adult and paediatric/ADHD patients.
- All catheter diagnostic & interventional procedures for paediatric and ACHD patients
- Implantation of permanent pacemakers and ICDs as well as lead extractions
- Non-invasive work encompasses: Holter Monitoring, Event Monitoring, NIBP monitoring, ETT supervision and Pacemaker/ICD clinics.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- You will be a fully qualified Cardiac Physiologist and hold Post Graduate Diploma of Medical Technology (Cardiac) + Certification of Cardiac Physiologists (CCP SCT) or an overseas equivalent qualification.
- You must hold registration with the Clinical Physiologists Registration Board (CRPB).
Note: This role has NO involvement in echocardiography; if this is your speciality this is not the position for you.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
For further information on this role please contact to Marina Fowler, Professional Leader and Head of Department, Cardiac Physiology, Auckland City Hospital at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any issues about accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Maylaine at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.