Physiotherapist | Oncology/Haematology | Christchurch Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full time, parental leave cover through until 25 October 2024, 40hours, per week
- Working across the specialty areas of oncology/haematology and gastroenterology
- Working within the Medical Specialties and Neurosciences Team at Christchurch Hospital
- Registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board and an Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
Mō te tūnga | About the Role
Here at Christchurch Hospital we are looking for an experienced Physiotherapist to join our Medical Specialties and Neurosciences team working across Oncology/Haematology and Gastroenterology.
Our wider team work collaboratively together to assess and manage a wide range of presentations across the specialties of Neurology, Neurosurgery, General Medicine, Acute Assessment, Acute Stroke, Vascular and Nephrology.
You will be actively involved in the education and training of 4th year undergraduate students and our junior rotational staff. You will need to be enthusiastic and confident in your clinical practice and have a collaborative communication style.
You will be required to be contribute to the weekend and on-call rosters.
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking expert assessments, completing appropriate interventions and providing advice or referring to other services;
- Supervising and mentoring rotational staff and final year physiotherapy students;
- Helping to facilitate service improvements.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in oncology/haematology an advantage
- A broad range of experience, ideally including, respiratory, neurology and general medicine;
- The ability to work collaboratively across the multi-disciplinary team;
- Enthusiastic and confident in sharing your knowledge across your discipline;
- A working knowledge of quality improvement processes.
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Alex Jay, Recruitment Partner on email@example.com
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
Applications will be reviewed as received, so don't hesitate and apply now!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury
|Contract/Temp Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.