Echosonography Fellow at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
· Join New Zealand’s largest public hospital and largest clinical research facility
· Contribute to an environment where patient centred care & team work are prioritised and valued
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Applications are invited for an Advanced Fellowship in Echocardiography at Auckland City Hospital. This is a 12 month fixed term role commencing in August 2024.
The Fellowship seeks to provide intensive supervised training in echocardiography. There will be interaction with in-patient and out-patient teams and sonographers. In this role you will be responsible for supporting day to day running of the echo department.
The fellowship will be expected to:
· Perform and report all modes of echo; transthoracic (including contrast studies), transoesophageal (including structural pathologies) and stress echo (exercise & pharmacological) in accordance with regional and international guidelines. This work includes supporting cardiac theatres with peri-operative TOE procedural and TOE-cardioversion.
· Review and present imaging echo data at the weekly regional Cardio-surgical conference for patients under the care of the Te Toka Tumai but also referred from throughout New Zealand, particularly those undergoing cardiac surgery, cardiac and lung transplant and mechanical circulatory support.
It is hoped a dedicated Heart Valve Clinic will be running during the fellowship, with the successful candidate supporting this service.
· Organise and complete a clinical research project
· Achieve a level of International Accreditation (European or American societies)
The Fellow will also attend rostered outpatient clinics (two per week) promptly and will endeavour to see outpatients at their scheduled appointment times. The fellow will also contribute to inpatient care as rostered.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
· Registration with NZ Medical Council and a current Annual Practicing Certificate
· Experience and training in general adult cardiology
· Completed RACP advanced training in cardiology, or the equivalent position for specialist qualification
· Demonstrated a collaborative approach to working within the multidisciplinary team
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please click the apply button and attach your CV and cover letter or visit the ADHB career website: www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting reference number AUC17989
For an initial informal discussion about this role, please contact please contact NicolaEd@adhb.govt.nz
For help with your online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna, Recruitment Consultant at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information .
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement: (ASMS Senior Medical & Dental Officers MECA March 31, 2021)
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland
|Contract/Temp Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.