Nurse Specialist, Family Liaison at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nurse Specialist, Family Liaison, NICU, Starship Child Health
- Great Monday to Friday - Permanent Senior Nursing Opportunity
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Lead and drive service outcomes, innovation, continuous improvement and quality
Come be part of our Team!
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
An exciting opportunity is available for a highly motivated and innovative Nurse for the role of Nurse Specialist Family Liaison in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The purpose of this role to advocate and respond to the needs of whānau in the NICU. In this role you have the unique opportunity to utilise your expert clinical knowledge to deliver a relationship based programme in the NICU for whānau.
You will lead the application of Family Integrated Care (underpinned by neurodevelopmental care practice) to support parents as they transition to parenthood.
You will utilise your strong leadership and advanced communication skills to foster excellent relationships with the MDT to deliver whānau centred care.
To know more about the role or to have a confidential discussion before applying please contact Dale Garton, Nurse Unit Manager-NICU via email DGarton@adhb.govt.nz or call on 021 938 869.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We have a permanent position available for an exceptional, forward thinking nurse specialist. You will need excellent communication skills to establish effective relationships with whānau and the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT). The ability to work in partnership with whānau and foster collaboration within the MDT are important skills for this role.
To be successful you will:
- Have NZ Nursing Registration with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- Have Postgraduate certificate/diploma in specialty nursing practice
- Completed Family and Infant Neurodevelopmental Education Program (Level 1)
- Have a Masters degree in nursing or health related area (Desired)
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s National Health Service. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Te Toka Tumai Auckland and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional
- Comprehensive Senior Nurse orientation programme
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Financial recognition of senior nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB20379 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.