Cardiac Sonographer Health Educator at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Part time 0.5FTE(20 hours per week), fixed term for 2 years
- An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen within our team for a Cardiac Sonographer who is both passionate about cardiac sonography and about educating our workforce!
- Current registration with the Medical Radiation Therapist Board is essential
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Are you a passionate and experienced Cardiac Sonographer looking to make a significant impact in the field? We are seeking a highly motivated individual to take on the role of Cardiac Sonographer Educator, where you will play a key role in shaping the education and professional development of our dedicated staff.
This role requires you to tailor the education required to each individual to ensure competence is maintained and skill advancement can be progressed to ensure our patients receive high quality evidence-based care.
We have a strong departmental culture with a focus on providing excellence in patient care. The training we provide is in a supportive environment that encourages growth and development. This role requires the educator to ensure the training needs of the staff are provided in addition to maintaining a clinical workload if required.
You will be an integral part of the cardiology team, someone who is committed and passionate to the development of our Cardiac Sonographers and who can work alongside and support their growth.
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting 1:1, group, formal, and informal teaching sessions, ensuring a comprehensive transfer of clinical and non-clinical skills.
- Undertaking workplace assessments, including assessing students and evaluating clinical competencies.
- Supporting the planning of profession-related conferences, meetings, and projects.
- Contributing to long-term strategic planning and service provision.
- Proposing changes to existing policies and procedures, actively participating in the creation of new ones.
- Conducting clinical and non-clinical audits, research, and development work.
- A clinical caseload may be required.
- Performing additional duties within the scope of the role, as agreed upon with your manager
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Registration with the MRTB and current annual practicing certificate
- Clinical work experience as a Cardiac Sonographer as well as an in-depth knowledge of the health sector and issues affecting tāngata whaiora and equality of healthcare
- Experience with clinical teaching/supervision, training and development of staff, based on evidence- based practice utilising adult education principles
- Competent user of computer systems, including Microsoft Suite
- Experience in learning needs analysis and course design and evaluation
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
Contact Alex Jay, Recruitment Partner, email@example.com for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury
|Contract/Temp Part time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.