Senior Occupational Therapist Older Persons Stroke & Rehabilitation Unit at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a senior Occupational Therapist and join our passionate and multi-disciplinary team in the Older Person, Rehabilitation and Stroke Unit in Te Whatu Ora Lakes.
The successful applicant will have a supportive working environment. In addition to providing/supporting the delivery of Occupational Therapy, the staff member will play a key role in contributing to the promotion and development of the Occupational Therapy services and the profession as a whole.
About the role
• The role will support junior and and support staff. You will provide assistance with caseload management and workload co-ordination. The role includes providing direct patient clinical care.
• Full time (40hrs per week) permanent position
• Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm
You should -
• Have experience with the delivery of outpatients, inpatients and community based Occupational Therapy services would be an advantage.
• Prior experience providing professional supervision of registered staff would be a benefit.
• Prior experience working within an acute setting and evidence of active involvement in continuous improvement programs.
• Be a current New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist with at least 3 years post graduate experience.
• Have a current Annual Practicing Certificate.
Accreditation in the following would be beneficial as well:
• Wheelchairs and seating – Level 1.
• Basic and Complex Housing Modifications.
• Personal care and household management.
$103,000 to $ 109,000 pro-rated to hours worked.
If you meet the above, apply online now via https://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz/ or contact John Hildreth at John.Hildreth@lakesdhb.govt.nz. The selection process starts from the date of advertising.
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare to a population of 110,000 people from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes
|Bay of Plenty
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.