Clinical Nurse Specialist (Full Time), Community Mental Health, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Do you want to be part of an Innovative, Challenging, Passionate, Specialist-led service?
We are currently looking for an experienced senior registered nurse who is self-motivated, highly skilled, and passionate about mental health. This senior position is based at Te Rawhiti CMHC in Highland Park. Our service is driven by excellence and has a strong focus on quality improvement as well as providing psychological based treatment interventions.
You will be involved in a range of service initiatives and tasks including:
Supporting our referral pathways, allocating new referrals, and enhancing relationships with primary care
Providing leadership and mentoring to our nursing team and wider MDT
Contributing to other service-related nursing tasks including the running of our IMI/metabolic clinic and transferring the care of service users on clozapine and IMI’s to primary care
Part of the role will require you to implement psychological skills interventions using a wide range of therapy-based models such as CBT, DBT, ACT, compassion focused therapy, sensory modulation, and suicide safety planning. This role would suit someone who is interested in expanding their existing knowledge around therapy models. As part of your role, you will provide time limited, individual skills sessions to service users as well as co-facilitate groups with other clinicians.
If you have experience delivering psychological interventions, effective communication abilities, proven leadership qualities and excellent clinical assessment skills, then we want to hear from you!
This is a full time, working Monday to Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm
- New Zealand Nursing Registration
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Minimum 5 years post-registration experience in Mental Health
- Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Specialty Nursing Practice
- Extensive knowledge of mental illness and treatment interventions
- Full & Clean NZ Driver's Licence
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with General Practitioners and PHO's
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Experience implementing psychological skills interventions
- Previous experience of working in a variety of clinic settings e.g. GP practice
- Triage experience with MH clients
- Project management experience
- Strategic planning and policy development skills
- Formal supervision training
- Level 4 Expert Nurse or Senior Nurse PDRP
- Master’s degree
Apply Now, or for more information please contact Amon in the Recruitment Centre on 09 2773461.
Application Number: CMH202312238
Application Closes: 26th February 2024
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.