NIWA - Chair at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
The National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) is a Crown Research Institute (CRI). Its purpose is to enhance the economic value and sustainable management of New Zealand’s aquatic resources and environments, increase understanding of climate and the atmosphere, and increase resilience to weather and climate hazards to improve the safety and wellbeing of New Zealanders. Further information on NIWA can be found at its website.
At this time, the Minister of Science, Innovation and Technology is seeking candidates who can provide the following specific skills and experience:
- Proven governance experience, including previous experience in Chair roles.
- A genuine interest in NIWA’s purpose and the contextual environment in which NIWA operates.
- Strategic leadership capabilities.
- Ideally an understanding of public accountability.
- Business and commercial acumen, including industry connections.
- Commercialisation and innovation experience.
- Financial acumen, including audit and risk management expertise.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- An understanding of the science and research system.
- Media and public relations experience.
- Expertise in change management and human resources.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
|Fixed Term Contract
|Boards and Governance
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.