Manaaki Whenua - Landcare Research - Director at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
MBIE manages appointments on behalf of Ministers
The National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) is a Crown Research Institute (CRI). Its purpose is to drive innovation in New Zealand’s management of terrestrial biodiversity and land resources to both protect and enhance terrestrial environment and New Zealand’s prosperity. Further information on Manaaki Whenua can be found at its website.
At this time, the Minister of Science, Innovation and Technology is seeking candidates who can provide the following specific skills and experience:
- Proven governance experience.
- A genuine interest in Manaaki Whenua’s purpose and the contextual environment in which it operates.
- Extensive financial capabilities, including audit and risk experience.
- Preferably a Chartered Accountant.
- Business and commercial acumen, including industry connections.
- Commercialisation and innovation experience.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the science and research system.
- Media and public relations experience.
- Expertise in change management and human resources.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
|Fixed Term Contract
|Boards and Governance
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.