Dietitian | New Graduate | Burwood Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full-time (40 hours per week) fixed term position for 2 years from approx. March 2024 - May 2026
- Provide nutritional assessment and nutritional care plans to inpatients and outpatients
- NZ Registration as a Dietitian with a current annual practising certificate (or application in progress)
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our team of dynamic and motivated Dietitians, based at Burwood Hospital, provides support to adult patients in the sub-acute setting across a range of clinical specialties including orthopaedics, spinal, brain injury, stroke, older persons health and orthopaedic outpatients.
We are seeking a new graduate superstar who is ready to kick-start their career and who has a strong desire to learn! Working as part of a close-knit team, you will receive regular supervision and opportunities for professional development and you will also be encouraged to develop your skills and professional interests.
This is a full time, fixed term position from approximately March 2024 - May 2026. The days and hours required are Monday - Friday 0800 - 1630
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing nutritional assessment and nutritional care plans to inpatients and outpatients
- Providing nutritional education to patients within the service, enthusing and motivating real behaviour change;
- Working within a multi-disciplinary
team and liaising with health providers.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Your skills will include:
- A recent graduate who is passionate about learning and developing their career as a Dietitian;
- A drive to ensure best health outcomes for people with nutrition related disorders with a special interest in Older Person - s Health;
- The ability to work within a team and contribute to the provision of quality care within the service;
- Being self-motivated, organised and enjoy a challenge;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and nurture relationships with patients and other people within the service;
- NZ Registration as a Dietitian with a current annual practising certificate (or application in progress) is essential
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here. For additional information about this role please contact Alex Jay, Recruitment Partner on email@example.com
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury
|Contract/Temp Full time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.